New in the Shop: DIY Supplies for All Your Summer Projects!
So you know how we love to show you how to make things, we love to make kits to help you make things and we like to show you things that other people make? Well, now we’ve got a whole bunch of supplies to add to that arsenal of make-spiration. Straight from the B+C Shop, we’re serving up the 10 things you need to tackle just about any DIY project, from washi tape to the most mini glue gun you ever did see. #makersgonnamake
1. Pocket Notebooks ($15): First, you’ve gotta get a notebook or two to start planning, sketching and brainstorming. As much as we love all things digital, it’s still super helpful to brainstorm with pen and paper.
2. Bold Washi Set ($10 for 4): Washi for days! We seriously have the best washi tape that you’ve ever seen, and we’ve curated it into clever sets for a variety of occasions and projects.
4. Gold Sewing Scissors ($40): Admittedly, the photo above breaks one cardinal rule when it comes to crafting. Never use your sewing scissors with paper!
5. Metal Ruler ($4): Never underestimate the utility of a good metal ruler. You can use it to cut straight lines, measure (obvs!) and to create custom templates if you’re making more than one of something.
6. Mini Glue Gun ($10): We use glue guns a lot around here so we’re all about this pocket-sized one for gluing on the go. Yes, we glue on the go ;)
7. Liquitex Acrylic Paint ($10): This is our favorite brand of acrylic paint, because the coverage is good (aka you don’t need tons and tons of layers) and the color selection is on point.
8. Paint Brush Set ($5): Of course, to use that awesome acrylic paint you’re gonna need some brushes.
10. Stretched Canvas ($15): And finally, go classic with a stretched canvas or two. Create your own wall art in a matter of minutes, using any combination of the supplies above!
And now, a GIF! Weeeeee!
What supplies do you have trouble finding locally? What other types of things would you like to see in the shop? Give us your feedback in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)