The temperature is rising and so are our high ponytails. As much as we love styling long locks, hair + humidity = a hot, sweaty mess. This year, we’re seriously contemplating joining ranks with Tyra, Lena and Lily and getting that hair off our necks (semi) permanently with a super short haircut. While at first it may seem like less hair means fewer style options, check out these 16 ways you can keep your short style looking fresh.
4. Naturally Curly: Going short does not mean abandoning your natural hair! Next time, ask your stylist for a tapered TWA (teeny weeny afro) and follow along with this tutorial for a wash-and-go routine. (via @shinestruck)
8. Accessorized: Accessories aren’t just for long locks. Top your super short ‘do with a headband, add some sparkly bobby pins behind your ears or tie a fancy knot into a bandana. (via A Clover + A Bee)
9. Pompadour Pixie: It may be tempting to hide away indoors with dirty tresses, but it’s actually ideal for adding volume and staying power to your hair. Once you create this cool, swoopy style, you’ll be all set for a girls’ night out. (via Whippy Cake)
10. Mop Top: Shake it up baby now, twist and shout! We adore this updated Beatles-esque mop top, which is significantly chicer than the bowl cuts our parents favored ;) (via Faces by the Sartorialist)
12. Crimson Undercut: If choppy and messy is your #IWokeUpLikeThis look of choice, polish it with an edgy dye job like this one. (You’ll also pretty much instantly become an honorary member of Taylor’s Bad Blood gang.) (via @joeltorresstyle)
16. Audrey-Inspired: Channel Our Lady of Short Hair, Ms. Hepburn, with these side-swept gelled bangs. And be sure to check out our Audrey-inspired makeup tutorial to complete the look. (via Lost in a Spotless Mind)
How do you like to style your short hair? Tell us your favorite looks in the comments!