Today we’re combining the best fall flavors into one decadent dessert. A classic breakfast treat (read: donut) gets a melty, chocolatey, creamy, graham-crackery twist. Introducing the S’mores Donut! Baked and not fried, this little piece of heaven is perfect for staying in on Sundays. Check out the full tutorial below!
— 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
— 3/4 cup granulated sugar
— 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
— 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
— 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
— 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
— 2 graham crackers, crushed
— 1 cup mini marshmallows (or more, if you like!)
— 1 large egg
— 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
— 2 Tablespoons melted butter
— 1/2 cup sour cream
— 1/3 cup milk
— 1 jar marshmallow creme
— non-stick vegetable oil spray
— toppings: whipped cream and/or ice cream, maple syrup and sprinkles!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the egg, vanilla, melted butter, sour cream and milk until it’s all combined.
4. Transfer the batter into a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the tip trimmed off.
5. Grease a donut pan, then fill the donut pans until 2/3 full of batter.
6. Bake donuts for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about five minutes on a cooling rack.
7. Put the crushed graham crackers in a bowl that’s wider than the donuts.
8. When the donuts are mostly cool, spread a thick layer of marshmallow creme on top of each donut. Dip the donut into the graham cracker crumbs. Top with mini marshmallows and chocolate syrup!
Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the wet ingredients.
Don’t overfill the pan or the donuts will not be the right shape.
Let the donuts cool, but don’t let them get too cold. The warmth makes it easier to spread the marshmallow creme :)
Don’t be afraid to spread a thick, glossy layer!
Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs or dip it into a bowl of crumbs to get that extra graham cracker flavor.
What’s great about these donuts is that they get better overnight! Feel free to make them the night before for extra chocolate flavor the next day.
These donuts are simply irresistible.
What other flavors would you add to your baked donuts? Share your thoughts in the comments below!