22 Scrumptious Sorbet Recipes for Summer
Forget cake — let them eat sorbet! Yes, the sun is shining, and it’s time to think smoothies, popsicles and sorbet. And not the type that comes in those little plastic tubs. We’re talking the real thing: fresh fruit concoctions that make your tongue numb because you can’t stop cramming down spoonful after spoonful. It’s a pleasure to introduce 22 of the most delicious frozen treats you’ll eat all summer. Hey, sorbet!
4. Pomegranate Sorbet: While it’s good to have a standby sorbet recipe on file, sometimes we like to try something new. This peppy pomegranate treat wows with an unexpected tart flavor. (via Cafe Fernando)
6. Peach Sorbet: You’ve heard the saying, “pretty as a peach,” right? We never really quite understood that expression… until now. You’ll be incredibly proud of this peach treat that’s almost too pretty to eat. (via Food For My Family)
9. Three Ingredient Strawberry Sorbet: Got strawberries? We’ve got a recipe. This delightfully uncomplicated sorbet can be made in a flash with berries, sugar and a splash of lemon juice. (via Splash of Something)
10. Tart Cherry Sorbet: What’s the easiest, healthiest way to a tasty treat? Frozen cherry juice, simple syrup and a splash of lemon juice are all it takes to mix up the magic. Once you realize how incredibly easy sorbet is to make, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make it sooner! (via This Heart of Mine)
14. Berries Sorbet: This sorbet is so stunning we could eat it on the coldest of days. And we’ll crave it on the warmest. Puree the mixture for a smooth texture or skip this step if you like to bite into big, juicy berry chunks. (via Tartelette)
16. Meyer Lemon Sorbet: Lemons are used to add flavor to a variety of dishes but that doesn’t mean that they can’t stand alone. This sorbet is the perfect balance of tart and sweet. (via Spoonful of Flavor)
21. Tangerine Coriander Sorbet: Under normal circumstances, you’d have to pry our fingers from fresh, juicy tangerines. But these aren’t normal circumstances… not at all. We’d give up our fave fruit for a month just to have one taste of this sorbet. So delicious! (via Dessert for Two)
Which of these sorbets are you dying to dig your scoop into? Dish about your frosty favorites in the comments!