23 Craveable Chocolate Cake Recipes for Every Occasion
How is your day going? We bet a bit of chocolate cake would make it better — like way better. And if a bit makes it better, then for good measure, let’s up the stakes to 23 different and divine chocolate cakes and just have a ball. From classic layered numbers to waffle masterpieces, we’ve got all your chocolate cake dreams covered. Tie back your hair and let’s get baking.
1. Dark Chocolate Waffle Cake: The perfect excuse to break out that waffle maker — and eat cake for breakfast. This pick layers dark chocolate waffles with a mascarpone filling for a unique twist on layer cake. (via Foolproof Living)
5. Paleo Zucchini Chocolate Cake: This chocolate cake recipe is packed with healthy goodness, but trust: You won’t miss any of the decadence. Zucchini, coconut oil and avocado stand in for unhealthy fats to give this recipe its richness. (via The Healthy Foodie)
6. Cherry Garcia Cake: Here it is — your favorite ice cream in cake form, stacked with layers of chocolate cake, twice frosted with cherry pink buttercream and finished with a drizzling of ganache. It gets its festive look with a dollop of whipped cream and more than one cherry on top. (via Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
7. Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake: Sometimes a girl just needs a giant bowl of cake batter all to herself. This batter-inspired smoothie recipe has all the chocolate flavor you crave. (via Averie Cooks)
8. Star-Studded Dark Chocolate Cake Bites: Our own Anj made these festive chocolate-covered cake bites, adorned with adorable star sprinkles. Since no slicing is involved, this is a great dessert to serve at parties or picnics. (via Brit + Co)
9. Six-Layer Malted Chocolate Toasted Marshmallow Cake: Stacks of rich chocolate cake, layered between malted Belgian-chocolate frosting and toasted marshmallow filling, this sky-scraping piece of campfire-inspired heaven is truly a masterpiece (via Sweetapolita)
12. The Best Chocolate Cake, Ever: This writer’s own original recipe, this one uses coffee as the secret ingredient to bring out the deep cocoa flavor. Make it for someone you love, and they’re sure to love you right back. (via Eat With Chelsea)
16. Hot Chocolate Cake With Homemade Marshmallows: Your favorite warm, cozy beverage baked up into a magnificent cake! Top with homemade marshmallows for an extra special treat. (via Lemon-Sugar)
20. Divine Chocolate Bundt Cake: Top this classic chocolate bundt with summer berries for serious wow factor! (via Little Artisan Kitchen)
21. Chocolate Sheet Cake With Fudge Frosting: Here’s a simple, unfussy sheet cake with a classic fudge frosting. Wash it down with a cold glass of milk and have yourself a good time. (via Ambrosia)
23. Chocolate Raspberry Cake With White Chocolate Crust: This cake and its recipe was part of one of our DIY weddings. The baker, Glen Hyde, was kind enough to share all of his secrets for what goes into making a cake fit for a wedding. (via Brit + Co)
We want to know which of these strikes your fancy, so let us know in the comments!