6 Spiked Seltzers to Cool You Down When It’s Sizzling Outside
Spiked seltzers, AKA flavored low-cal/carb/sugar malt beverages, let you get your La Croix fix with the added bonus of getting your buzz on. Instead of cracking open a canned cocktail or even wine, turn your attention to our favorite (practically guilt-free) adult seltzers, ranked by their carb count.
1. Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer Watermelon ($9 for six cans): Everyone’s go-to summertime fruit, watermelon, just got even better in this slim spiked can. As the lowest carb holder and the second lowest for calories in this grouping, it’s a pretty legit pick when you’re trying to minimize bloating while drinking.
Nutritional Info: Carbohydrates: 1 gram; calories: 90; sugar: 0 grams; ABV: 4.5 percent; gluten-free: no
2. Henry’s Hard Sparkling Strawberry Kiwi ($9 for six cans): Tangy meets sweet in Henry’s Hard Sparkling. We’re pretty sure its new strawberry kiwi flavor will remind you of your childhood, just in a grown-up way.
Nutritional Info: Carbohydrates: 1.6 grams; calories: 88; sugar: 0 grams; ABV: 4.2 percent; gluten-free: no
3. Truly Spiked & Sparkling Blueberry & Açaí ($9 for six cans): Exotic Brazilian açaí berry mixed with blueberry is a flavor combo we’d like to see more of. It is not only a healthy alternative to those sugary happy hour choices but also goes down smoothly.
Nutritional Info: Carbohydrates: 2 grams; calories: 100; sugar: 1 gram; ABV: 5 percent; gluten-free: yes
4. White Claw Black Cherry ($9 for six cans): The brand refers to it as “The Purest Hard Seltzer in the World” thanks to its unique BrewPure process that blends artesian water and natural flavors.
Nutritional Info: Carbohydrates: 2 grams; calories: 100; sugar: 2 grams; ABV: 5 percent; gluten-free: yes
5. SpikedSeltzer Prickly Pear ($9 for six cans): The original gluten-free hard seltzer is a no-brainer on a hot summer day, especially when there are two new flavors to choose from: Ventura Lemon and PricklyPear. SpikedSeltzer uses cold-pressed fruit to concoct these thirst quenchers (that are void of sulfites, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives).
Nutritional Info: Carbohydrates: 5 grams; calories: 140; sugar: 5 grams; ABV: 6 percent; gluten-free: yes
6. Nauti Seltzer Rosé ($9 for six cans): Now you can rosé all day in a spiked seltzer style. This sparkling rosé, with hints of mandarin orange, peach, raspberries, and cherry, is compact and portioned for beach days (and a cooler), making it always right by us.
Nutritional Info: Carbohydrates: 5 grams; calories: 110; sugar: 5 grams; ABV: 5 percent; gluten-free: no
Get the scoop on more cocktail news and recipes when you follow us on Pinterest.
(Photos via SpikedSeltzer, White Claw, Henry’s, Smirnoff, Nauti Seltzer, and Truly Spiked & Sparkling)