8 Refreshing Summer Mocktails You Can Enjoy During Pregnancy
Yeah, that water you’re guzzling is making you pee every five seconds. Oh wait, maybe it’s just the growing baby sitting on your bladder. Being pregnant isn’t always comfortable — especially in the summer heat. Even though you’re not thrilled about the, um… “bathroom situation” that pregnancy brings on, you still need to hydrate. That doesn’t mean you need to down boring ol’ water all day long. Fancify what’s hydrating your pregnant self, and check out these must-have summer mocktails.
1. Orange Mint Mocktail: It’s tangy, it’s totally refreshing, and it’s got a hint of mint. The minty part doesn’t just add that special zip — it may also help your morning-sickness-prone tummy feel less flip-floppy. (via Pepper Delight)
3. Ginger-Cinnamon Apple Cider Fake-tini: The ginger is a plus for the morning sickness, and the rest… well, the rest tastes good. Apple cider and cinnamon are kind of fall things, but this “fake-tini” is the perfect accompaniment to a midsummer night in front of the fire pit. Snuggle up next to your S.O. and sip this fruit-filled bev. (via Rachel Cooks)
6. Strawberry and Basil Lemonade: Yep, strawberries strike again. After all, it’s summer and strawberries are in season. This marvelous mocktail adds a hint of basil (and, of course, lemons) to make the mix even more interesting. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Apple and Pomegranate Mocktail: Oh, the antioxidants! This drink is fruit-filled fun and has vitamins to boot. It will make a splash with its exotic flair and ultimately awesome taste. (via Desert Chica)
8. Honey Blackberry Mint Mocktail: Again, the mint will de-rumble your tummy. And then there’s the blackberry part: super-yum. Adding in a hint of honey makes this summertime pick even more sweet. (via Bowl of Delicious)
What’s your favorite way to hydrate through the summer months? Tweet us your recipes @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via A Beautiful Mess)