20 Fab Hairstyles for Every Summer Occasion
When summertime hits, we all have thoughts of lobbing off our long locks to beat the heat. All that hair can get pretty hard to deal with when you’re picnicking under the sun and hosting al fresco dinner parties, so it’s only natural that we’d envy those who can pull off a pixie cut or a bold bob. But don’t stress or fret, because there are some seriously simple and chic hairdo solutions for every summer occasion on your calendar. Check out these 20 hairstyles that will amp up your style, keep you cool and look super fab all season long.
4. Rolled Updo: If you own a headband, then you can achieve this look with a simple roll and tuck. With some dry shampoo and a little bit of teasing, this could even be your new go-to ‘do for second day hair. (via Hair Romance)
5. Fancy Half Up: Every girl has a cup or container full of bobby pins in some random drawer or bag, but you’ll only need a few for this hairstyle. This look is ideal for a summer wedding or fancy date. (via Twist Me Pretty)
9. Twist Donut Bun: Sometimes buns can be difficult to pull off without looking like a sinister school teacher. But this easygoing updo incorporates a little extra flair that’s guaranteed to be a hit. (via Join The Mood)
11. Braided Topknot: Don’t let the heat keep you from creating beautiful hairdos. Topknots are a perfect solution for getting all of your hair up and off your neck so you can feel breezy and cool. (via Twist Me Pretty)
18. Scarves: Put some of those colorful scarves in your closet to work. Adding some fabric to a bun or ponytail can create an effortless look that’s great for a day of boating or bookstore shopping. (via The Shine Project)
What is your go-to summer hairstyle? Do you go for short or long hair during the hot months? Leave us your thoughts in the comments below or on Twitter.
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.