7 Products You Gotta Get for Your Sunday Beauty Routine
After a long weekend of eating not-so-great food, binge watching shows and enjoying a few too many glasses of wine, it’s time to think about rejuvenating your skin so you can be fresh-faced and fabulous come Monday morning. During the colder months, when your complexion can easily dry out and lose its luster, it’s practically mandatory to detox your skin courtesy of a lengthy — but totally worth it — cleanse. That means using products that will not only deep clean your pores, but also plump your complexion back to total perfection. Want to know which products you need for your Sunday night skincare ritual? Check out all seven products below.
1. Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate ($78): While your skin requires a ton of love in general, the area underneath your eyes needs the most attention. To prevent your dark circles from seeping into the work week, use an eye cream to bring your peepers back to life. Made with black tea, this cooling formula will reduce puffiness while preventing free radical damage. Each jar will firm and moisturize to reduce the appearance of dark circles. Plus, it absorbs quickly, so you can get out and go.
2. Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm ($60): Let’s just say you stayed up too late the night before and you feel like you’ve been hit by a truck. We know. We’ve been there. Replenish your skin back to its youthful state with this smoothing vitamin complex product from Dermalogica. It will help accelerate your skin’s natural repair process thanks to its vitamin A, C and E properties, all while improving the elasticity as well.
3. Glossier _The Super Pack ($65): Unless you’ve been living underneath a rock, you’re probably familiar with these little beauties. Glossier is known for putting skin first, so it only makes sense to use their latest products after a party-filled weekend. Think of these guys as vitamin supplements for your face. With a droplet applicator, you can place the solution directly onto your skin, then gently rub it in. While each product is designed to fix specific problems (Super Glow: dull skin; Super Pure: stressed skin; Super Bounce: dehydrated skin), we say buy the bundle and mix all three for the perfect elixir.
4. M-61 Power Glow Peel ($28): If there’s one product you need to add to your Sunday beauty routine, it’s at-home peel pads. They’re great because they’re the quickest and easiest way to get smoother, brighter-looking skin. These Power Glow peels are amazing not only because they’re individually packaged (portable product FTW!), but they also help to remove excess oil and promote healthy collagen growth. Basically, this peel erases all that greasy fast food you ate this weekend. Score!
5. Garnier® SKINACTIVE™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser ($7) Micellar cleansers are already dominating the French beauty scene, and they’ve finally made their way over to the States — and we couldn’t be more excited. Micellar water is an all-in-one makeup remover and cleanser — it hydrates your skin, effectively removes your makeup and clears the skin of sebum (AKA oily residue). Plus, it contains no abrasive chemicals.
6. Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum ($88): This miracle in a bottle will completely transform your Sunday-night pampering ritual. After you wash your face and use a peel pad, apply a thin layer of this renewal serum to your face to firm and boost your skin’s radiance, all thanks to its fast-acting retinoid. Plus, retinoid is known to help fight acne, which is always a plus in our books.
7. ama la Intensive Brightening Mask ($82): A Sunday-night regimen wouldn’t be complete without a facial mask. The notable thing about ama la’s brightening mask is that you can use it as a wash too. This product is made using brightening botanicals with reparative hydrators to help slow down the process of synthesis of melanin. It also has vitamin C to brighten your skin and Omega-6 fatty acids to strength it as well. With just one use, you’ll instantly notice a glowing and firm appearance.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)