Tech of the Week: 404 Page Edition
Sometimes, even the Internet doesn’t have everything you’re looking for. When you get stuck, there’s one thing that can ail that feeling of being lost online: a hilarious, beautiful, or cleverly copywritten 404 page. Here are 30 of our faves from sites we visit on a weekly basis.
To get to most of these 404 pages, you can type the url and add /404 at the end. If that doesn’t work, you can always use /fdsdfhfhdjf. And if you’re looking for even more cool 404 pages, check out 404 Not Found for a collection of good ones from more obscure websites.
1. Mint: Cookies, bottle caps, old shoes, and a Cheeto? We’re sold.
2. Huffington Post: Huffpo rotates between Dawson and Obama. Winning.
3. Path: A blurry Jean Luc Picard meets Path’s iconic sad face. Subtle perfection.
4. Urban: Could this be more Urban Outfitters? Bummer duuuude.
5. Anthropologie: Of course Urban’s older more sophisticated sister chooses Fiddlesticks over BUMMER.
6. Hootsuite: Adore this missing owl on a milk carton. And love the call out to 404 seekers.
7. Swiss-Miss: No surprise that Swiss Miss (aka Tina Roth Eisenberg) has a super clever page.
8. Minted: A misprint! Nothing like a little topical humor.
9. Tastespotting: This image of a cracked egg definitely gives fellow foodies a chuckle.
10. Hasbro: Yes we visit the Hasbro site on a weekly basis, and yes we love Mr. Potato Head.
11. Lego: Speaking of iconic toys from our youth… :)
13. ThinkGeek: Nerd copy alert.
14. Bless This Stuff: Creepy clown alert. Eeek.
15. Fab: This one is just a nice rich image, and suggests you head to Twitter and Facebook.
16. Kickstarter: We like when sites talk to you and make you feel… safe.
17. Technabob: Whoa.
18. Lululemon: This one gives you an inspirational quote and a suggested “404asana.”
19. Techcrunch: Caught with their pants down! Perfect.
20. Weduary: A ring box with a 404 instead of ring? So sad!
21. College Humor: This page doesn’t exist, and neither do wizards, unicorns, leprechauns and dragons. Wait, what?
23. NY Daily News: Love this classic newspaper-style cartoon.
24. Klout: When in doubt, puppies are always a good call.
25. Spotwag: Which brings us to Spotwag! Pug not found.
26. Threadflip: Only people in the fashion world can call strangers “darling” and get away with it.
27. Kayak: We think this one’s a little too mean to the site’s programmers. :(
28. Digg: Crisis!
29. StumbleUpon: You can never go wrong with cats, especially ones reading documents.
30. Homestar Runner: Finally, an oldie but a goodie. Did you forget about Homestar? This is a full on animation discussing the 404.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.