What’s not to love about an artfully layered creation? From cakes to dips to homemade candy bars, there’s just something about the presentation that makes stacked food so irresistible. Ready to do your own layering and building? Enjoy these 20 tiered terrine recipes ranging from sweet to savory.
1. Tropical Ice Cream Terrine: Fresh fruit and sweetened condensed milk are all you need to create our mango-kiwi-strawberry terrine. It’s like a tropical vacation for your taste buds. (via Brit + Co)
2. Baked Dark Chocolate Terrine: Reminiscent of a large, flourless brownie, we’d gladly dig into a slice of this ganache-topped terrine. The candied orange slices adorning the top echo the flavor of the Earl Grey tea infused in the batter. (via The Kiwi Cook)
3. Caramel Pear Terrine: As artfully sliced pears soften, a delicious caramel syrup forms over the top to create a stunning, scrumptious dessert, which errs on the healthier side. (via Martha Stewart)
4. Frozen Chocolate-Peanut Butter Terrine: We’ve got our spoons ready to dive into this delish chocolate and peanut butter dessert. Prefer Nutella? Sub the famous spread for peanut butter and hazelnuts for peanuts. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
5. Summer Squash Terrine (Vegan): A DIY cashew “ricotta” and summer produce combine to create a tasty vegan terrine. This makes for a great meal when paired with a simple green or fresh tomato-basil salad. (via The Raw + The Cooked)
8. Smoked Salmon Terrine With Dill and Lemon Cream: We love this layered presentation of salmon and cream cheese. Try it with homemade bagels for breakfast or serve it alongside seedy crackers as an appetizer. (via Taste)
12. Pâté de Campagne en Sous Vide: Get ready to prepare your own charcuterie at home. Go high tech using a sous vide or keep it old school with a bain-marie (water bath). Either technique will yield one tasty, traditional French terrine. (via Our Daily Brine)
14. Lobster and Avocado Terrine With Arañitas: Serve this indulgent terrine made with luscious, sweet lobster and creamy avocado cubes topped with crispy plantains as an hors d’oeuvre or salad course. (via Alta Editions)
16. Sweet and Salty Ice Cream Terrine: Your favorite ice cream flavor — Chubby Hubby — is a handsome choice. Plus, crushed pretzels and caramel sauce make one heck of a salty-sweet treat. (via Cookies and Cups)
17. Terrine of Potato, Goat Cheese and Beets With Citrus Vinaigrette: Tangy goat cheese and a lovely citrus vinaigrette brighten up root veggies in this terrine — a delightful dinnertime cure for dreary winter weather. (via Florida Citrus)
18. Dark Chocolate Terrine With a Pecan Nut Brittle: The fudge-y dark chocolate layer would be decadent enough on its own, but a crown of crunchy, caramel-y pecan brittle makes it totally over-the-top and totally irresistible. (via Photo Studio Seven)
20. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Terrine: Crème de menthe transforms plain ol’ vanilla ice cream into a spiked treat worthy of a St. Patrick’s Day celebration. For a kid-friendly treat, simply swap out the liquor-spiked ice cream and morsels with store-bought mint chip. (via Baked Bree)
Are you ready to tackle a tiered terrine now? Which type — savory or sweet — piques your interest most? Let’s peel back the layers below!