The BritList: Snowballs, Marimekko Converse + More
How can you really complain about a week that started off with photos of Ryan Gosling plastered all over Brit.co? Sadly, our partnership with Ryan was simply a pipe dream, inspired by the 1st of April. In the real world of Brit + Co, we hacked ourselves a whole pile of healthy donuts, created statement rings out of stones, and upgraded our desktops with a little wallpaper. And now it’s time for the BritList!
1. Marimekko Converse: Marimekko meets Converse? A match made in heaven.
2. ModCloth Pattern Play: Love this playful video by ModCloth, showing all sorts of fun pattern and color combinations.
3. Snowballs: It turns out the act of procreation isn’t always smooth sailing. There are all sorts of tips, tricks and old wives tales that folks turn to when they’re ready to start a family. The latest? Snowballs! Snowballs is an organic pair of men’s underwear that aims to maximize fertility by keeping your “goods” cooled down.
8. Nicely Noted: Love gorgeous letterpress stationery? Us too! Nicely Noted delivers a whole pack of cards and notecards for just $18 a month.
9. Cocoppa: Bored of all those icons on your home screen? Use Cocoppa to customize your phone. #therewillbesparkles
10. Sugar, Salt & Pepper Jars: We love these jars! That’s all.
11. Portico Slub Towel: The folks at Portico know how to make a good piece of terry cloth. Definitely on the bath sheet end of the towel spectrum, these eco-friendly towels are sure to make it onto registries in years to come.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!