The 15 Weirdest Kitchen Gadgets Ever
You know we love a good innovation. Whether we’re swooning over a magic water bottle, wondering if and when we’ll be able to print images on toast, or being mildly weirded out by a heated eyelash curler, we are always on the hunt for the next bit of cleverness. Of course, there are plenty of times that useful turns quickly to useless and then turns into a novelty product made specifically for roundups such as this.
What follows are 15 gadgets that lightly tread that pesky line between useful and novel, with a twirling spaghetti fork positioned right smack dab in the middle.
1. One-Click Butter Cutter ($12): Want that perfect slice of butter? Who wants to fuss with a butter knife when you can use the one-click butter cutter?
2. Mini Donut Factory ($170): Got an obsession with things in miniature? Especially when they’re sweet? Then this mini donut factory is the thing for you.
3. Toast Strips Stamper ($5): We have no idea why this exists. It is not difficult to cut toast at all.
4. Poached Egg Head ($6): Make the jiggly texture of a poached egg even weirder by putting a face on it.
Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I’ll call it South Side Story.
6. Automatic Pepper Mill + Salt Grinder ($20): Grinding pepper and salt is such a drag! This gadget takes the legwork out of getting your seasoning on.
7. Musical Cake Slicer ($20): Who wants to hear another person sing happy birthday totally off-key? Let your cake knife double as a songbird.
8. Twirling Spaghetti Fork ($8): If you love spaghetti but hate twirling, $8 is a totally reasonable amount to spend on a fork that does the twirling for you.
9. Rollie EggMaster ($30): Alert! This is the WEIRDEST gadget on the list. Pour eggs into the Rollie and it will deliver a popsicle-like egg pop… on a stick. Too much.
10. Egg Cuber ($9): Okay wait, maybe this is the weirdest? Who likes their eggs round anyway?
11. Roll ‘n Pour ($16): And the award for most ridiculous goes to… the Roll ‘n Pour.
12. Automatic Milk Frother ($70): I guess if you really like your milk frothy this might be worth it. Seems like extra work and an extra gadget for not a lot of mileage.
13. Remote Controlled Rolling Beverage Cooler ($80): We’ll admit that we totally want this rolling beverage cooler here at Brit HQ.
14. SnackMan Motion-Activated Treat Dispenser ($40): But why? Seriously… why would a candy dispenser be motion-activated?
15. Cherry Chomper ($10): And last, the cherry chomper. Because no one wants to deal with a cherry pit or stem.
What’s the weirdest kitchen gadget you’ve come across? Talk to us in the comments below.