The BritList: Cheese People, Prancercise + More
Top of the morning to you, dear readers! It’s been a short but party-packed week here at Brit + Co. Just a couple days ago we announced our very first special edition Brit Kit with the fashionable folks over at Lucky Magazine. Head here to read all about it. Now, on to the BritList!
1. The “Pick” Digicam: It’s a tiny camera that plugs right into your computer!! Plus, no batteries – it runs off of charge or a mini SD card.
2. Magnetic Wood Planters: Working with a small outdoor space? Perhaps just a fire escape? Add a little greenery to your life with these handy (and lovely!) magnetic wood planters.
3. Shake Dog Potty: If you’re heading on a long road trip with your pup or have to pull an all-nighter at work, this dog potty might be your best friend’s new best friend. To clean, simply fill with water, shake, and empty.
4. DSLR Seat: Possibly the photo-nerdiest piece of furniture we’ve ever seen.
5. Edible Eco-Spoons: Instead of throwing away your on-the-go forks, knives, and spoons, why not eat them?
6. Babybel Cheese People: When’s the last time you had a Babybel?
7. Kaleidoscope Pillows: These prints and patterns make us think of looking through a kaleidoscope on a dusty summer day.
8. Food Guide: Keep this in your kitchen as a quick reference guide to all your favorite food groups… though we don’t see Oreos anywhere ;)
9. The Cocktail Chart of Film & Literature: We love the idea of throwing a glamorous theme party with this chart as both the costume and drink guide.
10. Instant Table: Four legs and a top are all you need to make a table, right? This clever table says yes, is portable, colorful, and easier to out together than your latest Ikea purchase.
11. Threadflip’s New App: Better than a newly designed place to browse designer threads? A promo code to get 20% off of any Threadflip purchase (through Sunday at midnight)! Simply enter TFAPP20 in the promo code section of checkout. You can thank us later ;)
12. Fire Escape Wall Shelf: This adorable shelf would look perfect in a teeny tiny New York apartment.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)