The BritList: The French Fries Bed, Baking With My Homies and More
Good morning friends! We’re writing in the midst of a flurry of activity as we prepare for Re:Make 2014, a two day event celebrating makers, technologists and artisans from all over the country. No idea what we’re talking about? Read all about it right here. Now, onto the business at hand. The business of tigers, french fries and homies, ohhhh my.
1. Sweater Cape ($68): Dear Sweater Cape, We are in love with you. And we don’t know why zip sleeve sweaters as capes haven’t been a thing for longer.
2. Supersize Bed: A collaboration by Cecilia Carey and Harry Parr, this supersize style bed turns fries into a series of bolster pillows, just waiting to pile onto the bed. And guess what? This isn’t just a concept. You can actually order your own! Prices and lead time available here.
3. Geometric Tiger Throw ($79): And while we’re on the topic of giving our bedrooms a makeover, what about the awesomeness that is this geo-tiger throw.
4. Dog Pageant: Yes. Dog pageants are real. Photographer Sophie Gamond created this series of photographs to feature Doggie Moms, who put unbelievable amounts of energy and love into dressing up dogs for pageants. Kind of amazing, and inspiring for some pet Halloween costumes. (Think Turkey would be into it?)
5. Baking With My Homies Cookie Stamps ($10): After you are done rolling with your (sugar cookie dough) homies, why not bake with them? SO good.
6. Pocket Parrot Citrus Knife ($13): This playful pocket knife is designed for citrus, but could totally get down on an impromptu cheese plate.
7. Iggy Azalea and Dennis Rodman on House of Style: We LOVE that House of Style is back, even though we totally miss the days of Cindy C. This latest interview (and subsequent gif) is a great clash of the ’90s and now. But where oh where is Carmen Electra?!
8. Back Me Up Mobile Charger ($30): Was there ever a fairer back up battery pack? No, we think not.
9. Hippopothames: Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman has taken to the sea! More precisely, he’s created a 21-meter long hippopothames (hehe) that’s being towed upriver from the royal docks to the south bank, UK. Very cool.
10. Desert Tote ($89): Finally, the perfect tote to transition into fall but with plenty of room for some late summer tomfoolery.
What have you coveted online this week? Or shared with friends? Talk to us in the comments below.