The BritList: Bad Engagement Photos, Tail Lights, and More
Guys, Thanksgiving is REALLY soon! We’re getting so excited about turkey day, we can hardly contain ourselves. In fact, we skipped the whole “calendar” thing and actually had our own company potluck this past Tuesday. The results? Delicious. So now that you know about that, let’s go on with our day. BritList time!
1. Bad Engagement Photos: First up, the best microblog to ever surface on the Internet. Okay, maybe it’s not the best but it is pretty darn hilarious. I want that denim shirt… a lot. The question is, is it Photoshopped or actually screen printed?
2. “Arm” Chair: And the award for creepiest chair goes to…
3. Green Pencil Scarf: We love wearable plays on DIY essentials, but this is one scarf that has gone way too far. Sorry Etsy.
4. Des Hommes et des Chatons: An entire blog dedicated to hot dudes and cute kittens? Yeah, okay.
5. Tail Lights: Heading for a late night ride like the midnight cowboy you are? Then you’re going to need to invest in a pair of tail lights for your noble steed. And if you’re a cowgirl with long enough hair, maybe you could even rock these yourself?
7. Mohinders Shoes: This Kickstarter project is all about bringing traditional leather shoes made in India to the states. The difference between this and your local hippie shop? All of the sourcing choices are responsibly made, the makers properly compensated, and the materials high-quality.
8. Blurred Limits: An ombre couch? I die.
9. Señor Shaker: This is the best drink shaker we’ve ever seen. (P.S. Makers of this, please send us one when they come out!)
10. Hobbit Holes: Always wanted to live the life of Frodo? Now you can, thanks to Wooden Wonders, the makers of these custom Hobbit Holes. #gandalfwashere
11. Troll Wrapping Paper ($18): When we were scouring the web for beautiful wrapping paper, we came across this beauty. So good.
12. The Clampersand ($40): And finally, a tool for designers who want to hit the woodshop. This clamp rules.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)