The BritList: There’s a “She’s All That” Remake in the Works + More
Top o’ the morning to you! It’s a lovely Friday here in the bay, and we’ve got springy weekend adventures on the brain. To help you through a Friday filled with finally checking all those pesky things off your to-do list, we’re kicking things off with extremely important news.
2. The Croissant Loaf is REAL: But why? Because of the scraps. For real. Chicago baker Jeffrey Hallenbeck has taken to his bakery to come up with a solution to the croissant’s one fatal flaw: so many flaky yet delicious scraps. The answer? Croissant loaf. And just like that, a mandatory trip to Chicago for all of Brit HQ is born.
3. Memory Clock: This new take on the clock keeps track of your photos and displays them on the same date they were taken each year. It syncs with your phone to collect these photos, and is meant as a way to revive unexpected moments and memories each day.
4. All-Seeing Eyes Nail Wraps ($12): We know what you’re thinking: “Eye totally need these.” Most obvious pun ever? #sorrynotsorry
6. Agabag LEGO Bags: Who knew LEGOs could be so chic?
7. We Are Yawn: Spring is here, and we’ve got camping on the brain. So do the creative folks at We Are Yawn, our new favorite design crush.
8. The Most Beautiful Rulers in All the Land: In ALL the land? Yes. ALL the land. Created by Denmark design house Hay, these hand-painted beech wood rulers are downright snappy.
9. Paper Cup Apparel: Just. This.
10. Citrus Floral Recipe Box + Cards ($34): This gorgeous recipe box and matching set of cards by the floral geniuses at Rifle Paper Co. is number one on our Mother’s Day gift list.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)