These Are the 10 Hottest Vacation Spots to Escape the Cold
For some, winter is all about getting beneath a warm blanket, popping your slippers on and watching the snow fall. For others, it’s an excuse to escape somewhere warm and dreamy. If you’re ready to book your tickets for a tropical destination that doesn’t break the bank, we’ve got the top 10 warmest cities to hit up in the US.
According to Trulia, the online home buying and selling resource, the hottest winter spot in the US is Kapaa, Hawaii, on the island of Kauai. Fun fact: Kapaa means “solid” in Hawaiian — as in a totally solid place to be in December! This number one hot spot is followed by everyone’s favorite Spring Break destination, Key West. With seven spots in Florida and three in Hawaii, it might be time to plan a quick getaway. Scroll on below for the full list.
1. 72.3 degrees F: Kapaa, HI (Kauai)
2. 71.6 degrees F: Key West, FL
3. 71.5 degrees F: Kahului, HI (Maui)
4. 69.9 degrees F: Fort Lauderdale, FL
5. 69.4 degrees F: Miami, FL
6. 67.7 degrees F: Naples, FL
7. 67.6 degrees F: West Palm Beach, FL
8. 66.8 degrees F: Hilo, HI (Hawai’i)
9. 66.4 degrees F: Cape Coral, FL
10. 65.6 degrees F: Port St. Lucie, FL
If you’d rather be snowed in, Trulia suggests heading to Minneapolis-St.Paul, where there is a 79 percent chance of at least one inch of snowfall this Christmas Day. Check out the full infographic below:
Tell us in the comments whether you prefer snow or sun at the holiday season, and how you and yours celebrate!
(Image via Trulia)