21 Vegan Sandwich Recipes That Make Lunch the Best Part of Your Day
It can be a challenge to think of delicious vegan lunch options that aren’t sandwiches with hummus as its star ingredient (though, let’s be real: There are some pretty unique recipes out there these days). But with a few key foods, your midday meal can get a satisfying, delicious makeover. Save your hummus for crudite, and employ these 21 vegan sandwiches, from French-dip subs to Asian-inspired wraps.
1. Chipotle Baked Tofu Sandwiches With Pineapple Guacamole: Chipotle marinated tofu takes on a chewy-crispy texture after being baked. Its spiciness is offset by a slightly sweet pineapple guacamole in this sandwich. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
4. Strawberry Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwich: Chickpea salad is a vegan lunchtime favorite, but it can get kind of boring. Jazz it up with the addition of strawberries and avocado and you’ll fall in love all over again. (via Emilie Eats)
5. Tofu Banh Mi Sandwich: Marinated tofu adds protein and flavor to the Vietnamese sandwich. Then, they’re loaded with pickled vegetables, vegan mayo, and jalapeños for a complex and tasty meal. (via B. Britnell)
6. Sweet and Spicy Tempeh Sandwich: Sweet, smoky, and spicy tempeh is a sandwich filling vegans and omnivores alike will enjoy. Slather it with carrot aioli and you’re really in business. (via The Green Life)
8. Thai Green Curry Sandwich: Mixed with chickpeas, mango, and cashews, Thai green curry paste makes for a sandwich spread that delivers a spicy, tangy, nutty, and sweet finish. (via Contentedness Cooking)
9. Pan Fried Chai Cranberry Tofu Sandwich: If you love making sandwiches from Thanksgiving leftovers, this one’s for you. Spiced chai cranberry sauce and crispy pan fried tofu combine for a sandwich that’s *full* of flavor. (via Diary of an Ex Sloth)
12. Blueberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Sweet and salty pairings always make us happy. This blueberry grilled cheese sandwich, topped with frizzled red onion, will make your midday meal a little brighter. (via Contentedness Cooking)
13. Vegan Pulled Pork and Black Bean Po Boy: Jackfruit, when cooked just right, is a delicious pulled pork substitute. Sweet, tangy, and savory, it’s paired with black beans, veggies, and avocados in this scrumptious sandwich. (via Pineapple Pineapple)
14. Balsamic Sweet Potato, Mushroom, and Arugula Sandwich: Marinated grilled veggies are always a good bet in a sandwich. Here, they’re paired with vegan herbed cheese to add some creaminess into the mix. (via Herban Yums)
15. Jalapeño Tempeh Cheese Sandwich: Tempeh crumbles are a hearty sandwich filling on their own. When they’re combined with vegan cheese and spicy jalapeño, it makes for a lunch that’s much better than a veggie burger. (via Kiip Fit)
For more exciting lunch time inspiration, follow us on Pinterest.