The Heat is On: 37 Hot Wasabi Recipes
Some like it hot and others, well, they like it super hot. If you’re someone who thinks you can handle the real heat, we’ve got a little something for you. 37 wasabi-spiked recipes that are guaranteed to torch the tongues of even the toughest flame eaters. From dipping sauces to marinades, these meals, snacks and — yes, even desserts will have your sinuses cleared out in no time. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
3. Ginger Wasabi Hummus: Take a dip on the wild side! Dunk pita chips into this dip or spread it on a veggie wrap. The best part about it all? This hummus takes only five minutes to whip up. (via Gimme Some Oven)
4. Bloody Mary: There’s no better way to kick up your day than with a brunch cocktail that really packs a punch. Get ready to feel the burn with a wasabi loaded — and rimmed! — bloody Mary. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Hand Roll Bowl: If you love sushi, you’ll love this deconstructed shrimp hand roll. Toss wasabi-marinated shrimp into a rice bowl full of all your sushi favorites — avocado, green onions and sliced nori. (via On the Woodside)
6. Gingered Green Bean Fries: You can serve these green bean fries up to even your heat-fearing friends. The fries themselves are wasabi-free and only the brave should dunk into the creamy sour cream wasabi dipping sauce. (via Diva Eats World)
12. Sriracha and Wasabi Deviled Eggs: Ready to make ’em sweat? Even the toughest will feel the burn with these deviled eggs that are mixed with two of the hottest condiments out there. (via Kitchen Daily)
24. Dark Chocolate Brownies: By now, you’re convinced. Chocolate and wasabi are a good pairing. Try this blogger’s version of dark chocolate brownies loaded with sweet crystallized ginger. (via Eats Well With Others)
27. Wasabi Ice Cream: Just when you thought there was no other way to put wasabi in dessert, someone went and put it in ice cream. This creamy concoction gets a cool down with sweet honey. (via My Recipes)
33. Chopped Salmon Arugula Salad: We’d like to officially replace the classic chopped salad with this healthy version, loaded with salmon, walnuts and a spicy-sweet honey and wasabi vinaigrette. (via Jeanette’s Healthy Living)
All heated up? Tell us what spicy condiment you love adding to your food below!