This Is the Only Hoodie You’ll Ever Need Again
Hoodies have been getting a serious makeover in 2015. Apparently it’s time to bid “Adieu” to those basic American Apparel pieces we used to know, and instead welcome hoodies that are insanely high-tech. The hoodie revolution (ya, that’s right, we’re calling it a revolution) all started back in August when the Baubax travel jacket launched on Kickstarter, which came equipped with a built-in neck pillow, eye mask, drink and earphone holders, gloves and pockets for everything from your passport to your sunglasses. Now, we’re coming at you with another hoodie on Kickstarter that’s also promising to change the way you wear the classic garment.
The Yesler Technical Hoodie came to fruition in Seattle. In the Kickstarter video, the makers say “We love calling this home, but we haven’t found a hoodie as versatile as the landscape.” To combat this problem, they’ve merged together the weather-resistant type hoodie with that cozy knitted option you probably also enjoy. Enter: Polartec.
Polartec (or more formally Polartec Power Shield Pro) is a revolutionary fabric that has a smooth, knitted face but is 50% more breathable than the average soft hoodie. Additionally, it’s also able to block 99% of wind while the remaining 1% circulates within the fabric to greatly enhance moisture transmission. Basically, it feels like a cozy blanket on the inside while performing like a solid piece of outerwear on the outside.
The hoodie comes in both men’s and women’s styles, the women’s being slightly more slim fitting than its counterpart. If you want to snag yours ASAP, donate $169 to their Kickstarter (the hoodies will sell for $199 after the campaign ends). It’s not exactly the cheapest option out there, but it’s kind of the only hoodie you’ll need ever again, so we say the splurge is totally justified.
Would you invest in this high-tech hoodie? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photos via Yesler)
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.