14 Delightful Decor Items for a Gender Neutral Nursery
When it comes to decorating your nursery, it’s hard to know where to start. Do you start with a color palette and go from there? Do you just collect a mish-mash of things and hope they all fit? And when is it appropriate to start buying items for your soon-to-be bundle of joy? Anjelika Temple here, Executive Creative Director at Brit + Co and expecting mama (baby girl Temple is due in March!). I’m barely scratching the surface when it comes to nursery essentials. That’s why we’re thrilled to team up with zulily to share our favorite products for modern nurseries!
It’s all part of an extra special online shopping event over on zulily.com, curated by Brit Morin of Brit + Co. What does that even mean? Well, for those who aren’t yet in the know, a little more about zulily: zulily features an ever-changing, always delightful collection of clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more — for the whole family. They do this by curating a unique assortment of online shopping events that launch with brand new items every single day!
Today, we’re here to give you a sneak peek into a totally awesome collection curated by Brit Morin. Our online shopping event goes live on October 3 (at 6am PST!) and runs through October 8. During this time, you’ll be able to buy our favorite nursery products live on Zulily for a limited time! Mark your calendar and bookmark this post so you can be first in line to snag these colorful goodies.
But wait, there’s more! Dreaming of your very own nursery? We’ve got a sweepstakes for that!
Presenting the Design Your Perfect Nursery Sweepstakes! Head to zulily.com to enter by 6pm PST on October 8. You’ll be eligible to win a $3,000 account credit from zulily to spend on everything your baby could possibly need, as well as your choice of 20 online classes on brit.co and advice from Brit Morin herself. With two kiddos under two years old, Brit definitely knows how to put a nursery together in no time at all ;) For full sweepstakes details, head here.
Now that you’re chock full of calendar alerts and dreams of a tricked-out nursery, it’s time to share our top 14 picks from our newly curated Zulily collection. (Pro tip: As you shop, make sure to select the heart on brands you love! zulily will email you when they come back, so you’ll never miss out on the next great deal!)
1. Grandma Dana’s Hen Nursing Pillow ($38.99): Hey mama hen, how cute is this? Handcrafted with super soft minky and high-quality cotton, this La Millou nursing pillow has a long life after the nursing stage. It can be a throw pillow for Mom and Dad, a napping pillow for toddlers and more.
2. Multi-Color Patchwork Blanket ($59.99): You know we love all things color, and this color-blocked blanket by O.B. Designs is no exception to our adoration. It’s a great blanket for tummy time when your kiddo’s teeny tiny and makes a warm layer for snuggling during nap time.
3. Black and White Cactus Organic Cotton Swaddle Blanket ($17.99): One thing I’ve learned quickly in my pregnancy is that your baby needs a different blanket for almost every activity. Swaddle blankets, stroller blankets, playtime blankets, oh my! This sweet swaddle blanket is made from pure organic cotton by the folks at Modern Burlap.
4. Rust & Beige Fox Minky Stroller Blanket ($24.99): What’s that I said about blankets? Ready for a street side or countryside adventure, this foxy blanket by Lolly Gags boasts a whimsical woodland print and cozy texture.
5. White “XO” Organic Cotton Crib Sheet ($19.99): This subtle XO print showers your babe with hugs and kisses, even when you’re not there. Crafted from soft organic cotton, this Modern Burlap crib sheet is sure to make for a peaceful, comfortable slumber.
6. Geometric Minky Changing Pad Cover ($19.99): Is it possible to be so into a changing pad cover that you wish it was actually a duvet cover for your own bed? Yes, the answer is yes. And I’m just happy my little tot’s going to have as stylish linens as I do! Created by Lolly Gags, this modern geometric cover will make all those diaper changes a little more aesthetically pleasing ;)
7. White Large Smile Storage Box ($16.99): See? Storage bins can totally cheer you up. And, they’re a great catch-all when you don’t exactly have time to put everything exactly where it belongs. If white’s too plain for you, Time Concept’s got a smile in every color.
8. Brown Rope Lamp ($10.99): This battery-powered rope lamp by Time Concept is great for adding illumination wherever you don’t have easy access to a plug. Plus, you can take it with you on baby’s very first camping trip!
9. “You Are Loved” Banner ($5.49): Remind that little one that they are loved with this bold banner by About Face Designs.
10. Personalized Abstract Mountains Wall Art ($9.99-$26.99): Dreamed up by Finny and Zook, this colorful wall art features your baby’s name alongside a range of lovely mountains.
11. Owl Family Bamboo Mobile ($29.99): Made by Petit Collage, this laser-cut family of bamboo birds is perfect for a budding family of three.
12. Jacob Fox Plush Toy and Blanket ($21.99): A matching little fox toy and blanket? Yes please. Both of these goodies by Living Textiles Baby offer nighttime company and super soft comfort for your little dreamer.
13. Gray Seal Baby Bjorn Carrier One ($114.99): Designed to grow with baby, this simple ergonomic carrier was designed to be comfortable both for parents and your mini-me. It supports a little one’s head, hips and spine and offers four carrying positions, making it easy to adventure with your tot from newborn to toddler.
14. White Baby Bjorn Cradle ($259.99): This lightweight cradle is made for those first few months when baby is sleeping for short spurts throughout the day and night. Comprised of a sturdy mesh body with wood and steel legs, it’s easy for baby (and parents) to see through, and folds up easily for storage. The cradle itself offers a gently springy movement initiated either by your hands and feet, or by your baby’s natural movements.
Don’t forget, our Brit + Co collection is only live from October 3 at 6am PST through October 8 at 6am PST — so start shopping! And be sure to enter Brit + Co and zulily’s Design Your Perfect Nursery Sweepstakes for a chance at winning a prize package valued at $4,500!