Oh, the ’90s. It’s no secret that we’re pretty obsessed with that grungy, boy-bandy, iconic decade, so why should we leave Halloween out of our ’90s obsession? Here are the 25 best ’90s-inspired costumes we’ve ever seen, thanks to Google Image search and our friend, the Internet.
1. The Fresh Prince and Carlton: First up, this rules. It’s not unusual to find yourself wanting to recreate this perfectly executed costume.
3. Daria and Jane: Celebrities sort of have an unfair advantage when it comes to costumes with the whole knowing-lots-of-costume-makers thing, but we think non-celebs could pull off this straightforward Daria and Jane costume. You’re standing on my neck.
4. Dumb and Dumber: One of our favorite couples costumes ever, this pair is definitely channeling some dumb awesomeness.
5. Axl and Slash: Confession: The Slash in this ’90s throwback is also the person writing this article. Welcome to the jungle, baby!
6. Jay and Silent Bob: Snoochie boochies! Remember these two weirdos from Mallrats?
7. Steve Urkel: Uhh, did I do thaaaat?
8. Little Pete and Artie: Nickelodeon certainly had its share of iconic shows in the ’90s, and Pete and Pete was no exception. And Petunia? The best name for a tattoo ever.
9. Zack Morris and Kelly Kapowski: Our childhood’s answer to Romeo and Juliet, these two are simply the best. Also, the Zack on the right might actually be Mark-Paul Gosselaar.
10. Hey Arnold: Surprisingly, there are a TON of Hey Arnold costumes to be seen on Google Image search. The homemade quality of this one made it our fave.
11. TLC: What about your friends? Going for early TLC style, this trio of besties knows what’s up in the neon style department.
12. Spice Girls: Oh hey, that’s Brit + Co! We donned ourselves in tank tops depicting different spices in honor of the Spice Girls reunion last year.
14. Beanie Babies: Speaking of babies, remember when collecting beanie babies was everyone’s get-rich-quick scheme?
16. Pulp Fiction: I’ll take a Royale with Cheese.
17. The Simpsons: Now that is some serious DIY talent.
18. The Big Lebowski: We think the dude would definitely abide.
19. Toy Story Army Men: Look at the shoes! So good. These are actually characters from a parade at Disney, but make great inspiration for a costume.
20. Carmen Sandiego: The only thing that would make this costume better would be if Rockapella showed up.
22. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: This might be one of our favorite jumping photos ever – the painted on six packs really seal the deal.
23. Ace Ventura Pet Detective: Dressing your baby as Ace Ventura is pretty dang awesome.
24. Men in Black: DIY cardboard weapons and stoic attitudes required.
25. Scooby Doo Crew: Last, the Scooby Doo crew!
Which of these ’90s costumes is your favorite? Any ideas we should be on the lookout for this Halloween? Talk to us in the comments below.