Show of hands: who likes to spice things up in the kitchen? Whether you add a little heat to your creations with a dash or two of hot sauce or a helping of chiles, we know our Scoville-scale-scaling sisters are totally out there. Now with football season in full swing and fall’s chilly weather upon us, we thought it was about time we brought you a collection of recipes that are sure to win you some points and warm you up on game day. Enjoy these 14 jalapeño popper recipes. They’re the perfect fiery food for the jalapeño lovin’ guy or gal!
3. Jalapeño Popper Cheesecake: No graham cracker crust here. Instead this savory cake is baked atop buttery Ritz cracker crumbs. It’s bound to cause some head-scratching and wrinkled noses, but one bite will prove your genius. (via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt)
4. Jalapeño Poppers With Mac and Cheese + Cheetos: Holy moly. Stuffing mac and cheese into jalapeños alone would be amazing, but a sprinkle of crushed up crunchy Cheetos makes these poppers almost too good to be true. (via Foodness Gracious)
6. Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Pork Chops: Double down on the pork action by wrapping stuffed chops with a slice or two of the good stuff (that’d be bacon). Oozing with cheese and peppery goodness and basted with a sweet barbecue sauce, these are far from ho-hum. (via I Thee Cook)
7. Jalapeño Popper Pizza: A combo of cream cheese and mozzarella make this an extra special pie. With a few slices of crumbled bacon thrown in for good measure, it’s hard to stop eating slice after slice! (via Natural Chow)
9. Cheeto-Crusted Jalapeño Poppers With Bacon: Utter popper perfection right here. The only change we might make is using Flamin’ Hot Cheetos in place of the regular sort when a little extra heat is in order. (via Food52)
11. Grilled Jalapeño Popper Dip: Charred jalapeños add a smokey depth to this creamy oven-baked dip. Don’t have access to a grill? No worries, you can achieve a similar roast-y effect on the stovetop. (via The Chic Table)
12. Crab and Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers: A playful fusion of jalapeño poppers and a couple popular sushi roll faves — California and Philadelphia — these “eel” and dynamite sauce-drizzled apps are out of this world. (via Life Tastes Like Food)
13. Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms: If a whole jalapeño is too hot for you to handle, stuffing cheesy goodness flecked with a just smattering of peppers into mushrooms will tone things down a bit. (via Kitchen Simplicity)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy this classic cheese and chile combo? Do you go classic or shake things up with a more inspired take? Let’s talk below!