This weekend is all about mom. Obviously, you’ve got to start with a bouquet of Mother’s Day flowers and a sweet card, but now is your chance to DIY a Mother’s Day gift that really tugs at her heart strings. It’s time to throwback to your finger paintings and noodle necklaces with a handmade gift that she’ll show off with pride. Between the tassel earrings and clay planters, the 10 quick and easy gift ideas below will have yo’ momma feelin’ all the feels.
1. DIY Mermaid Seashell Macarons: If some of your best memories with Mom happened in the kitchen, treat her to a sweet treat like macarons. Try this quick and easy hack to turn plain macarons into pretty seashells that’ll make her mermaid dreams a reality. (via Aww Sam)
2. DIY Hanging Pegboard Planter: Fact: You can never have too many plants in your life. If your succulent collection has outgrown your windowsill, it might be time to take your greenery to the walls with this clever pegboard DIY. (via Oh Joy)
3. DIY Indoor Plant Guide Printable: Everyone knows #plantlady is the new cat lady, and if your mom is rockin’ a green thumb, she’ll love this sweet (and helpful!) infographic. Print off the poster, pop it in a pretty frame, and pair it with a potted plant to create the ultimate jungalow-tastic gift. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Feminist Candles: No complicated candle pouring techniques here. This is the best last-minute gift idea ever, and all you need is a printer. Grab any candle, peel off the label and replace it with these feminist labels to tell her how much you appreciate her helping you break that glass ceiling. (via DIY in PDX)
5. DIY Anthropologie Tassel Earrings: Keep your mom’s style game strong with a pair of on-trend tassel earrings. She’ll love the quirky texture, and you’ll love the fact these only take a few minutes to put together and cost less than $10. Last minute AND thoughtful? #winning (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Pantone Nesting Dolls: Does your main lady love good design or have a penchant for Pantone? Grab a set of plain wood nesting dolls and customize them with her favorite colors for one-of-a-kind decor. (via Sugar & Cloth)
7. DIY Cheese Board: Here’s a cheese platter idea that looks just as pretty empty as it does when it’s covered in food. Set it up for Mother’s Day brunch, but be prepared to see it on her table the rest of the summer. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Mini Pinch Pot Planters: If Mom loves gardening, treat her green thumb to a set of mini planters. Pull out the clay and get to sculpting for a quirky Anthro look at a fraction of the cost. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. DIY Donut Balloon Wall: TBH, the moms in your life need a little sugary pick-me-up every now and then. Create this fab donut balloon wall for your Mother’s Day brunch and have a blast taking photos together. Then be prepared to see those photos on the fridge the rest of the year. (via Oh Happy Day)
What are you most excited to DIY for Mom this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!