20 Halloween Apps to Get You in the Mood for Trick or Treating
It’s no big secret that Halloween is one of our favorite times of the year. With DIY costumes and spooky Halloween props aplenty, there’s no shortage of creativity during the awesome (and spooky) holiday. This year, we’re bringing our favorite season to our smartphone with 20 Halloween apps to help you get into the festive spirit no matter where you’re at.
1. Halloween City: If you’ve ever wanted to live in a monster city, this Halloween game is definitely a must-download. From collecting cool exotic monsters to dueling with witches, it’s a fun game to get you pumped for the spooky holiday.
2. Halloween Party All-in-One Stickers: Go beyond your typical pumpkin emoji with these scary stickers, featuring 3D Halloween emojis, horror night stickers, and quotes.
DL it: $2.99 on iOS
3. The Walking Dead: Dead Yourself: With the season eight premiere of The Walking Dead fresh on our minds, there’s never been a better time to disguise yourself among the dead. Simply take a selfie and choose from over 40 gruesome options to zombie-fy yourself.
4. Halloween Makeup: Halloween MakeUp Camera can help you see a virtual look before deciding on the right one for your costume. Just upload your photo and the template will turn you into a creature of the night with fake vampire fangs.
DL it: Free on Android
5. HolidayMoji: As much as we are loving all of the new iOS emojis (two cheers for wizard emojis!), we could always use a few more Halloween goodies. Featuring ghosts with heart eyes, sassy vamps and much more, this app will definitely elevate your Halloween texting game.
6. Pumpkin Creation: Dress up your virtual pumpkin with this super addicting app. You can add accessories like witch hats and devil horns and change your candle hue to mix things up. You can even save your library of spooky pumpkin creations and use them as your phone wallpaper.
7. Disney Side: It’s not a question of if we’re going to be a Disney princess for Halloween… it’s which Disney princess. That’s why we almost squealed when we first discovered Disney’s cool app that lets you instantly transform a picture of yourself into the most adored characters.
8. Halloween Face Makeup: Simply upload a headshot and choose from 45+ costumes and backgrounds. You can also send these along to your squad to get pumped for Halloween.
9. Nextdoor: Find out which houses in your neighbor hood are handing out candy with the free social network’s Treat Map.
10. Halloween Photo Book 2017: Who needs a photo booth and backdrop when you can just use your phone? DL this app for your epic Halloween party, or use it with the fam and print a bunch to send as spooky greeting cards. You can even add stickers to your photos (think: pumpkins, ghosts, night birds, and skulls) to make them scarier.
11. Halloween Spooky Sound Box Free: No Halloween porch decorations are complete without spooky ambiance music. This free app has every sound you’d ever need — from laughing goblins to the infamous Freddie.
12. Crazy Clown Chase: It’s not really Halloween without a creepy clown. Harness your inner It and chase all the kids while cackling your way through October.
13. Brit + Co: We hate to toot our own horn (okay, no we don’t), but Brit + Co’s app has all the latest scoop on costume DIYs, holiday decor, and awesome party ideas. Check us out — it’s completely free!
14. Costume Swipe: Pinterest is a great tool for narrowing down your costume ideas, but if you’re completely stuck on where to start, check out this fun app. It works just like Tinder: Swipe through costumes for kiddos and adults until you find exactly what you’re looking for. Yep, it’s really that easy.
15. Halloween Backgrounds & Halloween Wallpapers HD: Embrace all things Halloween with some beautifully freaky backgrounds.You’ll find a large collection of HD & retina wallpapers, backgrounds, images, photos, pictures, icons, themes, and styles.
16. Halloween Stickers: You can never have too many emoji apps… right? This sticker collection is definitely on our must-download list for covert Halloween-night texting.
17. Spooky Pumpkin Crush: This one’s for all the Candy Crush fanatics out there. Take a more seasonal approach to your daily gaming by exploding and smashing all the pumpkins.
18. Angry Pumpkins Halloween: Don’t worry, Android users! You can get in on the Halloween fun too with this sweet game which is basically Angry Birds, pumpkin edition.
DL It: Free on Android
19. Companion: If your pre-teen thinks that they’re too cool to go trick-or-treating with their ‘rents, have them download this app to stay safe on Halloween. It makes the user program in emergency contacts (AKA you) and allows you to see where they are on a map as they move to and from their Halloween destination. It even periodically checks in with the user to make sure that nothing is awry during their trip.
20. Scary Ringtones: This frightening collection of ringtones has the most downloaded scary sounds and ringtones all in one easy-to-use application. Click the spooky-cute icon to hear the sound and save it as a ringtone, notification, or alarm.
DL it: Free on Android
Which Halloween app is your fave? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.