Easter Sunday’s coming up, and you know that means: Easter egg hunts. Sure, the physical kind certainly are fun (have you checked out our DIYable creative Easter egg designs?), as are Easter egg inspired hair + makeup, but this year, you should go hunting for the digital kind too. In fact, Apple has hidden some pretty nifty ones right on your iPhone. With the new iPhone SE making its debut TODAY (check out our Apple March Event Live Blog here), scouting some of these iPhone Easter eggs is going to be super fun. So let’s get the games started.
1. Book emoji text. If you’ve ever looked at the blurry text on the book emoji and just thought it was scribbles, think again. The text is actually from Apple’s Think Different campaign from back in the day, though the emoji cuts off halfway through. The full text reads: “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
2. Siri tells a damn good story. If you ask Apple’s sassiest virtual assistant, Siri, to tell you a story, you might just get Siri’s origin story on how she “got her job” at Apple. The eternal queen of shade, Siri also works in a gripe about people asking her stupid questions and so she sought answers from her mentor ELIZA, who asks Siri, “Does that question interest you?” After that, Siri made peace with all the stupid questions she fields. FYI, ELIZA is the name of an early primitive natural language processing computer software ;) Now you know.
3. Apple maps marks the Apple campus. Yep, that little logo for Apple maps isn’t some totally random design. That 280 freeway is the one that runs right along the Apple Campus in Cupertino, California where the tech giant is headquartered. Basically, that blue arrow is taking you straight to Tim Cook’s offices ;)
4. Spot Steve Jobs’ glasses. When you’re in Safari and you want to add a website to your reading list, you’ll see the little icon is a pair of glasses. Now, these aren’t any old pair of glasses: These spectacles were modeled after Apple’s late founder Steve Jobs’ own iconic round pair. Aww.
5. Voice Memo icon is the world “Apple.” Now we gotta give a shoutout to Cult of Mac for finding this treat. Apple’s pre-loaded Voice Memo app is actually someone saying the word “Apple.” We gave it a whirl ourselves and sure enough, this is an Easter egg hidden in plain sight!
Do you have any iPhone Easter eggs that you’ve found and want to share? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)