5 Genius Easter Eggs Hidden on Your iPhone
Easter Sunday’s coming up, and you know that means: Easter egg hunts. Sure, the physical kind certainly are fun (have you checked out our DIYable creative Easter egg designs?), as are Easter egg inspired hair + makeup, but this year, you should go hunting for the digital kind too. In fact, Apple has hidden some pretty nifty ones right on your iPhone. With the new iPhone SE making its debut TODAY (check out our Apple March Event Live Blog here), scouting some of these iPhone Easter eggs is going to be super fun. So let’s get the games started.
1. Book emoji text. If you’ve ever looked at the blurry text on the book emoji and just thought it was scribbles, think again. The text is actually from Apple’s Think Different campaign from back in the day, though the emoji cuts off halfway through. The full text reads: “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
2. Siri tells a damn good story. If you ask Apple’s sassiest virtual assistant, Siri, to tell you a story, you might just get Siri’s origin story on how she “got her job” at Apple. The eternal queen of shade, Siri also works in a gripe about people asking her stupid questions and so she sought answers from her mentor ELIZA, who asks Siri, “Does that question interest you?” After that, Siri made peace with all the stupid questions she fields. FYI, ELIZA is the name of an early primitive natural language processing computer software ;) Now you know.
3. Apple maps marks the Apple campus. Yep, that little logo for Apple maps isn’t some totally random design. That 280 freeway is the one that runs right along the Apple Campus in Cupertino, California where the tech giant is headquartered. Basically, that blue arrow is taking you straight to Tim Cook’s offices ;)
4. Spot Steve Jobs’ glasses. When you’re in Safari and you want to add a website to your reading list, you’ll see the little icon is a pair of glasses. Now, these aren’t any old pair of glasses: These spectacles were modeled after Apple’s late founder Steve Jobs’ own iconic round pair. Aww.
5. Voice Memo icon is the world “Apple.” Now we gotta give a shoutout to Cult of Mac for finding this treat. Apple’s pre-loaded Voice Memo app is actually someone saying the word “Apple.” We gave it a whirl ourselves and sure enough, this is an Easter egg hidden in plain sight!
Do you have any iPhone Easter eggs that you’ve found and want to share? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)