7 Times Celebs Got Totally Real About Their Bodies
Every Body celebrates inclusivity and the representation of human beings in every shape and form.
No matter how many articles we read about Photoshopping, it’s a hard thing to keep in perspective when we’re staring at the flawless figures of beautiful starlets on the covers of mags in the grocery store line. They just look so… well, perfect, with their tight abs, toned thighs, and impossible proportions. But as we well know, things aren’t always as they seem.
As it turns out, everyone’s got their “imperfections” — even the actresses and supermodels gazing back at us from the very billboards that can make us feel inadequate. But don’t take our word for it: Read on to see which celebs are getting totally real about their bods, “imperfections” and all.
1. Chrissy Teigen: The Lip Sync Battle co-host made no bones about the fact that her bod isn’t exactly all au naturel — Teigen has had liposuction in the most unlikely of places, telling Refinery 29, “I had an armpit sucked out.” And she’d do it again too: “It made me feel better in dresses; I felt more confident,” she revealed. “I have no regrets, honestly.” (Photo via Noam Galai/Getty)
2. Demi Lovato: The “Confident” singer is known for being just that, and she’s got the pics to prove it. Her most recent body positive social media share was a close-up of her thighs with a rather apt caption. “I don’t have a thigh gap and I’m still beautiful the way I am,” the Camp Rock star wrote. “#recovery #selflove #EVERYbodyisbeautiful.” Hear, hear!
3. Amber Rose: Rose recently caused a stir when she posted a video to Instagram in an uber-sexy swimsuit, but it wasn’t her insanely ripped abs or gravity-defying boobs she was lauded for: It was her cellulite and stretch marks! “Trappin,” she wrote alongside hashtags which boasted the attributes.
4. Chrissy Teigen: Our girl’s back at it again, this time getting real about the pesky little unsightly lines that often come with the territory of being a mom: stretch marks. Giving us a bird’s eye view of her own “stretchies,” Teigen bared her thighs for the world to see on Instagram, saying, “Bruises from bumping kitchen door handles for a week. Strechies say i!”
5. Ashley Graham: As one of the biggest champions of body positivity around, Graham regularly shows off her body in all its untouched glory over on Instagram. Whether she’s showing off a little tummy or showcasing a little cellulite over on her feed, girl’s about as real as they come. “I work out,” she wrote on the above shot. “I do my best to eat well. I love the skin I’m in. And I’m not ashamed of a few lumps, bumps, or cellulite…and you shouldn’t be, either. #beautybeyondsize #lovetheskinyourein.”
6. Lena Dunham:Girls actress Lena Dunham is forever sticking up for herself with regard to her weight, but some days, as she revealed via Instagram when she stripped down to her (Calvin) skivvies, it’s harder than others to be your own biggest cheerleader.
“TBH, this was a rough week,” she wrote. “It felt like my body, my hormones, my general sense of wellbeing were betraying me. I wanted to crumple into a pile or hide like a sweatshirt in the lost and found. And I felt as though there wasn’t a way to ask for the space and time I needed without hurting someone else. What a sh*tty feeling, but isn’t that the reality for so many of us? I am certainly no self-help guru, but here is what I know tonight: when you take the time and space you need, kindly and responsibly, you’re suddenly available to the people you love in a whole new way.”
7. Heidi Pratt: Perhaps no one has been more real about their outward appearance than mom-to-be Heidi Pratt, who famously underwent 10 plastic surgeries — in one day — back in 2010. Yet, she still battles her own insecurities, some of which actually stem from her famed procedures. “Getting lipo is my biggest regret,” she told InTouch Weekly. Pratt says she developed unsightly cellulite after the treatment. “I’m so insecure about my legs,” she told the mag. “I rarely wear shorts.” Now, she’s warning young women against walking down her same path, saying, “…eat healthily. It’s less painful, cheaper, and beneficial.” (Photo via Paul Archuleta/Getty)
Who’s your favorite super honest celeb? Share with us @BritandCo.
(Photo via Noam Galai/Getty)