9 Practical Gifts That They’ll Actually Use
We’re big advocates of giving sensible gifts. It’s why we often shop in the home section for the holidays: Stuff that’s as useful as it is charming hits that happy medium every gift giver strives for. Plus, the recipient will totally think of you every time they use it! If you think about it, you’re giving the gift of making a house feel like a home :)
With this in mind, we’re pairing up with JCPenney to kickstart your holiday shopping list. JCPenney is the epitome of a one-stop shop: With a seemingly endless range of products and trending brands, we find there’s *always* something for everyone (and then some). Check out these useful goods for your favorite people… and maybe scoop up a gift for yourself, while you’re at it. It’s time to practice pragmatism with these nine practical presents.
1. Crosley Cruiser Deluxe Portable Turntable: Confession: This turntable has been on this particular author’s wish list for three years now. Marrying old-school charm with new-age technology, the Crosley turntable is a surefire gift win, and its recent upgrade makes it even more desirable. This portable record player syncs with the user’s smartphone via Bluetooth, so your giftee can stream digital music after the record ends.
2. Cooks Ceramic Kettle: Three cheers for kitchen products with personality! This delightful electric kettle — exclusively at JCPenney — would look mighty fine on your pal’s kitchen counter. (Picture it next to a stack of vintage teacups on an open shelving unit… W.O.W.) Bonus points for its plastic-free ceramic base, quick heating function, and adorable gold polka dots.
3. You Look Good Hand Tufted Doormat: For the friend who’s sass-tastic and not afraid to show it, this is the doormat they never knew they needed. Introducing the new out-the-door checklist: phone, keys, wallet, compliment.
4. iLive Voice Activated Assistant Speaker Powered by Amazon Alexa: It’s got the power of Amazon Alexa and the polish of a well-dressed young man. This speaker can pair with up to six other speakers to enhance your home audio experience. Plus, its Bluetooth capabilities and rechargeable battery mean you can use it on the go. Gift this to the friend who always has tasteful tech on display and they’ll love you forever.
5. Home Expressions Sequined Mermaid Throw Pillow: This pillow is addictive. Let us explain: This sequined mermaid pillow is covered with dual-colored sequins, so as you graze your hand over the surface, the color will change. Scoop up this magical textile for your friend who tends to fidget — she’ll have a new outlet for *all* of her creative energy.
6. Dog Selfie by Lucia Heffernan Canvas Print: Okay, we’re not saying this is the perfect gift for just any friend, but this gem will surely put a smile on a special someone’s face. I mean, it combines two of every millennial’s favorite things — endlessly scrolling on our phones while horizontal, and big fluffy puppies. What’s not to like?
7. Home Expressions™ Hello Gorgeous Decorative Pillow: Don’t you love how compliments come in all shapes and sizes these days? Sometimes you gotta say it with a comfy, hot pink pillow.
8. Madison Park Zuri Faux Fur Backrest: For the “I’d rather binge-watch TV than go out” friend (AKA all of us), stick a bright red bow on this faux fur backrest. It will make their in-home theater (ahem, bedroom) that much more cushy and cozy.
9. Wall Mirror: Functional decor for the win. Complete with bath towel hooks, these his and hers mirrors will add character to that newly shacked-up couples’ bathroom. Little items like this will make the move-in feel like the real deal.
10. Cambridge Tumbler Glass: Because nothing says “I’m living my best life” like drinking a Moscow Mule out of a pineapple-shaped cup with a straw. Help your friends feel *extra* with this very important cocktail container. This item is currently out of stock online, but you can visit your local JCPenney to pick one up.
What home products are at the top of your holiday wishlist this year? Share with us on Twitter by tagging @BritandCo and #SoWorthIt!
Design: Torii Burnett