Swipe Right on This Seriously Cool Anti-Engagement Ring Trend
Another day, another summer engagement photo in your Insta feed. Trust us — yours isn’t the only one blowing up with #ISaidYes snapshots. And while we’re thrilled for our newly engaged besties, we can’t help but wonder why society refuses to celebrate self-love the way it does finding love with a mate. It’s about time we redefined the reasons why a person might splurge on a ring. Why not buy a little bling to celebrate your confidence and the way you live your life? Whether you’re hitched or ridin’ solo, we think it’s time to treat yourself to a little something sparkly. Let one of these stunning rings serve as a little reminder of your self love, and shine bright like a diamond ring — or a sapphire ring, or an opal ring… you get the point ;)
1. Fred and Far The Self Love Pinky Ring ($325): This is the ring that started it all. What we love most about this dainty stunner is its message: When you wear this dainty white sapphire, you pinky promise to love yourself.
2. Rosedale Double Trillion Sapphire Ring ($625): Why not skip the something old and something new and just get yourself something blue? These brilliant sapphires have us thinking maybe diamonds aren’t a girl’s best friend after all.
3. Kataoka Rose Gold Dotted Diamond Band ($1,375): Who says a wedding ring can only be worn when you’re married? This sparkling band is such a stunner, we would rock it regardless of our relationship status. Sport one solo or wear a few for the ultimate in stacking style.
4. Ginette NY Wise Multi-Stone Disc Ring ($1,190): If an engagement ring says “Let’s get serious,” then this vibrant cocktail ring says, “Let’s have some fun!” Let this ring be a symbol for the vibrant way you live your life.
5. Communion by Joy Smith Rays of Light Ring ($663): Boho babes, this beauty has its eye on you. Joy Smith creates incredibly detailed and beautiful pieces that practically scream “adventure is my middle name.”
6. Rosedale Three Baguette Diamond Ring ($635): Three stones means one for me, myself and I. We’re loving this minimalist bling for the ultimate independent queen. You got this, girl.
7. Erica Weiner Caged Emerald Ring ($155): Edgy, cool and totally nonchalant — this ring says to the world that you can be awesome all by yourself, thank you very much. Take your statement to the next level by pairing this charming number with an emerald stone band.
8. Dana Rebecca 14k Rose Gold and White Diamond Initial Ring ($660): Calling all single ladies! Embrace your given name with this customizable initial ring.
9. Scoscha Lolli Ring in Gold Mixed Stones ($285): This ring’s multi-hued stones remind us of a painter’s palette. It’s bold yet minimalist, and best of all, it’s totally unique. Grab this beauty if you want to say “I’m just doin’ me” rather than “I’m a bride to be.”
10. Catbird N+A Black Magic Opal Ring ($900): That moment when you swoon over a ring… and not a date? Yep, that happened the first time we laid eyes on this beauty. Channel your inner bohemian vibes or add a bit of eclectic charm to your OOTD.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style love!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)