New Apartment or Dorm? 13 Fun Ways to Store Your Stuff
You’ve overcome the troubles of coordinating movers and buying all your furniture, but alas, the struggle isn’t over yet. A lack of storage space is probably one of the first problems encountered while living in a small space, largely due to a shortage of closets and cabinets. Lucky for everyone, there are always ways to get around it. From canvas bins to contemporary shelves, the following 13 B+C Shop products are here to make your lives just a little bit easier (and neater).
1. Haberdashery House ($33): While this tiny house is pictured holding spools of thread and needles, you could use it for just about anything. We suggest hanging it on your kitchen wall as a whimsical spice rack.
2. Etc. & Stash Canvas Bucket ($22): One side says “stash” and the other says “etc.” Basically, this cloth bucket is for everything that fits into those categories in your life, from your kiddo’s craft supplies to your ever-growing collection of scarves.
3. Utility Tin ($20): How retro is this cutie? This tin will certainly brighten up any room its in — perhaps your oh-so-blah desk at work.
4. Pantone Metal Storage Box ($16): A storage container decorated with the simplicity of a Pantone color chip is beautiful. And as if it couldn’t get any better, this box is on sale. It’s time to stock up!
5. Triangle Open Shelf ($30): This open shelf is both innovative and aesthetically pleasing. It would also make a great addition to a gallery wall due to its perfect picture frame-holding size.
6. Stone Canister ($15): Unfortunately, kitchens often get sucked into the dull tones of metal appliances and wooden cupboards. These fun canisters add in colorful accents, all while storing your favorite pastas and grains.
7. Home Storage System ($20): You may not be able to watch Game of Thrones or Friends reruns on this canvas television set, but for its storage capacities alone, it’s a home entertainment purchase we can all get behind.
9. Classic Station ($30): Whether its at home or at work, desk spaces are often the first to get cluttered. This station will hold your essentials and charge your phone at the same time, so everybody wins.
10. Prisma Accessory Organizer ($15): For those of you who are sick of cubes and pyramids, here’s your new favorite shape. This organizer maximizes jewelry storage by allowing you to string earrings through the little rod at the top and to store larger pieces on the felt bottom.
12. Cubist Shelf ($50): This hip shelf is perfectly contemporary because it fits in with many different types of design, from eclectic to mid-century modern. It all comes down to what you choose to display (and we hope that includes an adorable succulent).
13. Catch-All Tray ($18): The name says it all — this tray will catch any little thing you toss into it. Try keeping it by your front door (for your keys and mail), or in the bathroom (for your makeup and hair products).
Got any special storage tips? Share them with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)