10 DIYs for Your Best Summer Hair Ever
We all want to make sure our hair is looking its best as we start attending summer parties and weddings. Unfortunately, all of that styling can do some serious damage to our locks if we’re not careful. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to remedy our damaged-hair woes, and most of them involve items you may already have in your kitchen! Read on for the best DIY tricks to have your hair looking good as new this summer.
1. Aloe and Coconut Oil All-Over Moisturizer: Aloe is a superfood, and when mixed with coconut oil, it provides moisture and protection from additional sun damage for both your hair and skin. (via Little Green Dot)
2. DIY Deep Conditioner With Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and Argan Oil: Nothing is better than spending hours in the pool on a hot day, but all that chlorine can leave your hair feeling dry and brittle. The ingredients in this conditioner add an intense boost of moisture to your hair and reduce frizz and add shine. (via Hello Natural)
3. Chamomile + Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse: This refreshing rinse will help keep your strands clean and fresh all summer long. The apple cider vinegar will help to balance the pH of your hair and remove buildup, while the chamomile has lightening properties, which will help to bring out blonde undertones between dye jobs. (via JJBegonia)
4. Cinnamon Hair Mask: If you’re trying to grow out your winter bob, this mask will be your new best friend. Cinnamon helps by stimulating the scalp and strengthening hair. It also has cleansing properties, further aiding in hair growth. (via Daily Curlz)
5. Banana + Honey Hair Mask: The potassium from the banana repairs damaged hair and helps to speed up growth, while the honey helps add shine to dull hair. Plus, the combination of the two ingredients will leave your hair smelling amazing. (via Free People)
6. Avocado and Rosemary Hair Mask: The rich oils from the avocado will leave your hair feeling soft and strong. Not only does the rosemary smell great, but it is a scalp stimulator that reduces hair loss and has anti-bacterial properties. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
7. Strawberry Hair Mask: This mask works to deep condition your hair, leaving it feeling smooth and silky. The addition of strawberries gives the mask a sweet, fruity smell that’ll make you want to keep it on for more than 15 minutes! (via Hairspray and High Heels)
8. Deep Conditioning Yogurt and Honey Hair Mask: If you live in an area with high levels of humidity, you’re totally going to want to try this. The anti-frizz treatment uses yogurt, which not only helps stimulate hair growth, but also cleanses the scalp and clears away dead skin cells. It’ll leave your hair looking refreshed and healthy. (via Little Green Dot)
9. Coconut Oil, Avocado and Honey Hair Mask: Overstyling your hair for all of those weddings can leave your locks feeling dry and brittle. Honey is a humectant and emollient, making it good at attracting and retaining water. And even with only three ingredients, this easy-to-make mask is packed with vitamins that will leave your hair feeling good as new. (via Amanda K. by the Bay)
10. Banana Hair Mask: This DIY treatment is great for curing your summer hair woes, and is just perfect for you girls who have their hair chemically treated on a regular basis. It adds extra moisture and helps prevent frizz. (via Hairspray and High Heels)
What are some of your favorite DIY summer beauty treatments? Let us know in the comments!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.