Solve All Your Beauty Woes With *This* Kitchen Staple
Being on top of your beauty regimen can get really expensive. Unless you’re rollin’ in it, a 14-step Korean skincare routine may be out of reach. But who says you have to be rich to have a #flawless complexion? Thankfully, there are plenty of inexpensive ways to get your beauty on — and many of those hacks come from right in your kitchen. Cue apple cider vinegar. This tried-and-true foodie ingredient will transform your beauty game in just a couple of days. From lackluster locks to acne-prone skin, this do-it-all product will solve the majority of your skincare/haircare woes. Need more proof? Here are eight ways to use apple cider vinegar ASAP.
1. Get Rid of Dandruff: Let’s say your locks are going through some beauty turbulence and they need some help ASAP. That’s where ACV (apple cider vinegar) comes in. ACV has natural anti-fungal properties, which help heal a flaky scalp. All you need to do is create a solution with equal parts water and apple cider vinegar and apply directly to your scalp. Feel free to add an essential oil for added moisture.
2. Acne Spot Treatment: Did some unwelcome guests invite themselves to the party… on your face? Well, don’t stress out (seriously, it will make your acne worse). Just dampen a Q-tip with a little bit of ACV and use it to spot-treat your problematic areas, then let it sit overnight. This miracle treatment will restore some much-needed acidity to your skin while removing extra dirt and unwanted oily buildup.
3. Relieve Sunburn: If you’ve been beach-bummin’ all summer, your skin has probably suffered a few sunburns here and there. If that happens again, try using ACV to heal your sun-damaged complexion. Create a mixture with one part ACV and four parts water and apply directly to burned skin. Because of ACV’s anti-inflammatory properties, this solution will reduce the swelling, pain and redness from your sunburn almost instantly.
4. Clean Your Makeup Brushes: While cleaning your brushes with soap and water gets the job done, there’s an extra step you should take to really get the dirt out — clean your brushes with an equal parts water and ACV solution. Apple cider vinegar’s anti-bacterial agents will thoroughly disinfect your brushes, which is important, given that product buildup on your makeup tools is an express ticket to acne town.
5. Tone and Tighten Pores: In addition to getting rid of acne, ACV will help tone and tighten your pores — and who doesn’t love that? Create an ACV and water mixture (you really can’t go wrong with this combo), dab it on a cotton ball and swipe it all over your face. This will help balance your skin’s pH levels and prevent your skin from breaking out.
6. Remove Product Buildup: Ever wonder why your shampoo stops giving you those just-from-the-salon results after a while? Well, it could be because of product buildup. One of the greatest things about ACV is that it can help cleanse your scalp, but it’s also a good idea to use it once or twice a month to remove product buildup. Don’t worry — the smell won’t be there after you get out of the shower. (Photo via Getty)
7. Soothe Itchy Skin: Nothing is worse than itchy, irritated skin, amiright? Instead of using runny ointments or thick lotions loaded with fragrance, rub a natural ingredient like ACV over any irritation to soothe your itchy woes. Or, when you take a bath, pour in some ACV and soak in it. Soon your skin will feel good as new.
8. Remove Nail Polish Stains: While it’s totally chic to redo your nails on a weekly basis (always keep ’em guessing), sometimes that lingering polish can stain your digits. If your nails have been looking a little yellow lately, dip them into a bowl of ACV to gradually get rid of the color.
Love apple cider vinegar? Get more beauty tips by following us on Pinterest.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.