14 Arepa and Pupusa Recipes to Make for Your Next Summer Get-Together
Summer is all about trying new things. Whether it’s a fun adult camp or a train ride that shows you the wonders of the world, it’s time to step up your adventurous side, including getting creative in the kitchen. From fruit boats to boozy slushies, there are so many fun recipes to try! Arepas and pupusas, delicious South American bites, are the perfect thing to serve at your summer get-togethers. Get ready to break out the cornmeal and get cooking with these 14 recipes that you are going to want to try STAT.
1. Chicken Arepas With Avocado and Aji: Talk about a dish that is almost too pretty to eat. Filled with ingredients like pickled onions and mouthwatering chicken, this bite is definitely going to be a summertime favorite. (via Rubarbarians)
2. Arepas With Beef Chili, Guacamole and Cheese: Chili is delicious and super easy to make, so why not add it to this seriously amazing dish? Throw together the chili and top it off with some cheese and guac for a perfect appetizer to serve at your next backyard BBQ. (via My Colombian Recipes)
5. Arepas Filled With Carnitas and Guasacaca: Who doesn’t love a good carnitas recipe? Take this one out for a spin on your next Taco Tuesday. Serve it with a delicious margarita for a meal you’ll never forget. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
6. Plantain, Black Bean and Havarti Arepas: If meat’s not really your thing, no worries. This veggie and cheese arepa featuring yummy plantains will leave you wanting more. (via The Little Ferraro Kitchen)
8. Breakfast Arepas with Egg, Avocado, Crispy Pancetta and Tomato: Arepas aren’t just for lunch. Make this delicious treat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert if you want! (via Jeanette’s Healthy Living)
10. Arepas With Chicken and Avocado: Avocado is a definite crowd pleaser, but in this dish it steals the show. Mix up this recipe in no time and make sure to keep it close because we know your gal pals will want it for themselves. (via Panning The Globe)
13. Venezuelan-style Arepas With Pulled Pork: Pulled pork is always a good idea. Finish this dish off with a little crumbled cheese and cilantro for a delicious and crave-worthy starter everyone will love. (via Serious Eats)
14. Sweet Potato and Chicken Arepas: Step back, tea sandwiches. These arepas are about to be your top choice for an afternoon bite. With the perfect mix of sweet potato and guacamole, they’re the bee’s knees. (via Pinch of Yum)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summertime recipe ideas.