15 Gorgeous Watercolor Tattoos to Show Off Your Artsy Side
There’s no art form more romantic than watercolor painting. The soft brush strokes and colorful palette are more than enough to send any DIY gal’s heart a flutter. And while minimalist design tattoos are always trending, some of us are looking to go a bit bolder — in a delicate sort of way. Enter these whimsical watercolor tattoos, perfect for making a statement and showing off your softer side. Scroll through these 15 gems and find inspiration for your next tat.
1. Constellation: Behind every stunning constellation is an even grander myth. Tell a story with a tattoo that’s meaningful to you.
2. Pink Flamingo: Not afraid to stand out from the crowd? Wear a watercolor interpretation of your favorite exotic bird. Choose a discreet placement for an HR-friendly adornment.
3. Star Gazing: Get an ink that’s out of this world. Whether you’re an avid stargazer or you’re still obsessed with Sailor Moon, channel those celestial vibes with a watercolor galaxy tattoo.
4. Flower: Never let those winter blues get you down. Make spring happen on the daily with a front-and-center floral tattoo.
5. Pisces: Pisces are said to be compassionate, gentle and artistic. Do your astrological sign proud with an artsy homage to your birth sign.
6. Whales: She’s the Lorelei to your Rory! That right, we’re talkin’ about your mom. Celebrate Mother’s Day — and the sacred bond between mother and child — with a heartwarming pair from the animal kingdom.
7. Bouquet: Celebrate a moment in full bloom. This bright, luscious floral tat is perfect for marking a particularly meaningful time in your life — plus it’s just plain gorgeous.
8. Crown: We’re loving this spin on the watercolor trend. Contrast a monochromatic tat with a splash (or two) of color for a look that’s as multifaceted as you are.
9. Jellyfish: That girl is pretty and dangerous. Flaunt your don’t-mess nature with a symbol that shows you’re more than just a pretty face.
10. Bird: What’s more freeing than taking flight? Put your free spirit on display with a brightly colored soaring bird.
11. Cat: Cat lovers, this one’s for you! Wear your feline love on your sleeve (or your thigh), and show everyone where your heart always lies.
12. Semicolon: A semicolon isn’t just for punctuation. Bring awareness to mental health issues with a watercolor tat inspired by The Semicolon Project.
13. Rabbit: Geometric tats take an adorable turn with this watercolor-infused rabbit tattoo. This cute inspo will have you hopping to the tattoo parlor ASAP.
14. Triangle: Torn between a geometric and watercolor tattoo? Don’t limit yourself! Opt for a fun hybrid of the two to show off both your artistic and edgy sides.
15. Landscape: Watercolor doesn’t always have to be so sweet. Go bold (and abstract) with an awe-inspiring surrealist landscape tat.
What watercolor inks do you have your eye on? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful + fun tattoo inspo.