The Top 10 Names for Your August Baby
August is summer’s last hurrah. Now’s your last chance to glamp, hit the beach or soak up the final rays of sunshine before cold weather sets in. If you’ll also be welcoming a new addition to your family, we suggest keeping the month’s adventurous, free-spirited vibe in mind. Check out the 10 names below for what to name your August baby.
BOY BABY NAMES
1. Augustus: Meaning “magnificent, great,” this moniker is ideal for your end-of-summer baby. It’s also a great name for your little guy who is surely destined to do great things.
2. Leo: Not only is this name perfect for your fiery little Leo, but it also follows in the footsteps of new mama Jaime King and her adorable babe, Leo Thames.
3. Leland: Since Liam is already being chosen by everyone, Leland is a unique name for your baby boy. It means “from the meadowland,” which has us dreaming of summer picnics.
4. Blake: Our girl Blake Lively (an August babe herself!) likes to switch things up with gender-neutral names, even for her own daughter, James. Do the unexpected by honoring your little dude with her name.
5. Aiden: A Gaelic and English name meaning “little fire,” Aiden is a strong moniker for your little Leo babe.
GIRL BABY NAMES
6. Coco: Famous designer Coco Chanel (born August 19) was of course a Leo. Are you really surprised? Any girl with this name is bound to be strong, passionate and full of determination.
7. Olive: Not just for Popeye’s main squeeze, Olive is a sweet, classic name that will work for any little girl. Plus it’s also the hue of one of August’s birthstones, peridot.
8. Soleil: Name your baby girl after Leo’s ruling planet, the sun, and, of course, Punky Brewster AKA Soleil Moon Frye (who blows out the candles August 6). We’re sure she’ll be just as spunky and sweet with a name like this one.
9. Poppy: Bright and beautiful, this name would be fitting for your summer baby. It also happens to be the flower of the month.
10. Aria: Meaning “lion” in Hebrew, this name is a beautiful and zodiac-inspired moniker for your little Leo. You could also vary the spelling to match with the badass female warrior Arya Stark from GoT.
What August-inspired name are you loving? Are there any summery names that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.