Go Off the Registry With 17 Unique Baby Shower Books
Everyone loves the classics, like Goodnight Moon, Where the Wild Things Are and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. That's why EVERYONE gives them to new moms as baby shower gifts. Save your bestie a trip to the bookstore with these adorable books that she'll love just as much as her little one will. We're guessing that your girl is as awesome and creative as you are, so give her the books to match! Below are 17 books that are off the beaten baby-shower-gift-book path, from some of the most innovative, talented and hilarious authors out there.
1. Once Upon an Alphabet by Oliver Jeffers ($27): All 26 letters of the alphabet get their own adorable and alliterative short story in this gorgeous and innovative new book. Pair it with this alphabet wall art for the perfect present.
2. You WILL Be My Friend! by Peter Brown ($17): Lucille Beatrice Bear has decided she's going to make a friend. Today. No matter what. What ensues is a silly tale of dance parties, best intentions and one rad flamingo.
3. Hug Machine by Scott Campbell ($17): This kid's got a pretty adorable vocation: He's a hug machine. The story is simple enough for the youngest listener, with illustrations grownups will love, too.
5. Big Rabbit's Bad Mood by Ramona Badescu ($17): Perfect for being read aloud, especially if there's more than one kid listening. With a story simple enough for a tiny tot and a sense of humor even older kids and parents dig, this one's truly for the WHOLE family.
7. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker ($17): With a soothing rhyme scheme and vibrant blue illustrations, this is a book that demands to be on every little aspiring engineer's shelf. (Get it personalized, if you know the baby's name!)
8. The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt ($18): Want to inspire a mini maker? Then get them the book that will challenge them to think outside the crayon box!
9. Chloe, Instead by Micah Player ($16): Looking for a present for a soon-to-be big sister? Get her this adorable and colorful story about sisters.
10. Gaston by Kelly DiPucchio ($17): Everyone has a friend who's OBSESSED with her pooch. And if her dog is as adorable as Gaston, it's easy to see why!
11. Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse Rosenthal ($18): This is the cutest, girly-est tale of unicorns that every girly-girl who's expecting deserves. Bridget Barrager's color-saturated illustrations are so lovely, you'll want to put them on the walls.
12. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems ($16): There's a reason this book is a staple in every Pre-K classroom: It's awesome. Kids love telling the pigeon “no!" and your bestie will, too!
14. The Adventures of Beekle the Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat ($17): Beekle looks like a marshmallow, and he's basically the cutest. To top off the adorableness, he makes besties with a little girl in our world!
16. Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal ($16): Was your bestie a psych major? Swell. She's gonna love this adorable tale of reverse psychology, featuring a little owl who just wants to go to bed, already!
Do you ever stray from the classics? Let us know @BritandCo!