Stay Cozy With This Baked Apple Yogurt Parfait + Red Wine Reduction
This perfectly cozy recipe has been giving us *major* feels this season. It has all the makings of your go-to dessert — warm, baked apple, loads of cinnamon, froyo and, of course, a boozy wine reduction. Whether you’re making it for a ladies’ brunch in or your next cabin trip, this baked apple yogurt parfait with red wine reduction is a classic dessert (or breakfast!) for the cold winter months. Let’s take a look, shall we?
- 1/2 bottle of red wine
- 4 round apples (we used Pink Lady apples)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for garnishing
- frozen yogurt or ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Core the apples with a paring knife. However, make sure not to completely remove the core — leave the bottom apple intact so it’s like a cup.
3. Sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon on the inside of the apple.
4. Line up the apples on a lightly greased baking tray or skillet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until apples are lightly browned and softened.
5. Meanwhile, make the red wine reduction by combining wine, sugar, vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a saucepan.
6. Cook at low heat until the red wine mixture reduces and is thicker.
7. When the apples are done baking, it’s time to assemble. Add frozen yogurt inside the core of the apple, then top with granola. Finally, finish with a drizzle of the red wine reduction.
Making the apple “cups” is probably the hardest part. Be careful with that knife!
Mmm… baked apples and cinnamon are a winning combination.
Awwww yeeeahhh…. be generous with the red wine reduction.
It’s a dessert, but a pretty guilt-free dessert.
Messy and ooey gooey in a good way.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)