17 Easy Ideas for Your Next Bathroom Makeover
If there was one small thing you could makeover in your bathroom, what would it be? We’ve all been stuck with an unfortunate bathroom at least once in our lives — wishing, hoping, praying that there was a way to make it better. Well, turns out… there are lots of ways to make it better. From customizing a plain old shower curtain (steps below!) to picking out a color scheme that fits your home, we’ve teamed up with Lowe’s to bring you one-stop-shopping bathroom makeover inspiration.
Now, onto 17 awesome ideas for tricking out your bathroom, powered by Lowe’s!
1. DIY Shower Curtain: Your shower curtain sets the tone instantly in your bathroom. It has the power to create an entire mood, so why not create (or hack) it yourself?! We took this basic white shower curtain and added a riot of springy stripes to it.
– painter’s tape
– Valspar Outdoor Spray Paint (we chose aqua, yellow and lime green)
– shower curtain
1. Use painter’s tape to create your design. We went with stripes that get thinner as you go up.
2. For the color scheme, we wanted to create a sort of watercolor-inspired ombre look.
3. Spray paint starting with the darkest color on the bottom and moving up to the lightest one.
4. Let dry, then peel off your tape. That’s it!
Naturally, we had to show you what it might look like in context… but we simply don’t have a tub in the office. What’s a DIY-er to do? Create a faux bathroom in the kitchen, of course! ;)
2. allen + roth Colors by Valspar ($35): There’s a reason people yammer on about how “it’s amazing what a coat of paint will do.” Because it truly is. And thanks to a collaboration between allen + roth and Valspar, there are plenty of hues out there that will definitely be approved by you. Shown here are Golden Coast and Morning Jog — invigorating, eh?
3. White Cotton Bath Towel ($16): If you’re as guilty as we are when it comes to using your bath towels until they are practically rags, then one quick and easy way to spruce up your bathroom is simply by getting new towels. The subway-tile design is always a winner, as is white. Just remember to use dark colored towels for makeup removal. Mascara likes to hang on to all those fibers no matter how hard you ask it to let go.
4. Mixed Materials Clothes Hamper ($44): Whether your bathroom doubles as your laundry room or not, it is where you disrobe on the regular. Keep it tidy with a color-popping hamper with sleek stylings and embossed exteriors for a touch of texture.
5. allen + roth Ketterton Casual Bathroom Vanity ($414): Don’t have the best built-in storage in your bathroom? Go for one of these vintage-inspired vanities!
6. Colonial Mills Plastic Basket ($85): Until you’re ready to do a major bathroom overhaul, with lots of built-in shelving and cupboards, baskets are the way to go. Colonial Mills makes loads of them in loads of color. And since they’re made with plastic, they’re easy to clean and sanitize.
9. White Cast Iron Hourglass Claw Foot Tub ($3,120): Alright, so this might involve a remodel rather than a revamp, but a girl can dream can’t she?
11. Nameeks Giotto Orange Rubber Bath Mat ($47): Please don’t tell us that you’re getting out of the shower and dripping all over the floor. No seriously, don’t tell us. Just buy this mat. It will make your mornings so much better. We promise.
12. allen + roth Aqua Bath Rug ($15): Likewise, if you’re putting on your makeup in barefeet standing on cold tile, put a rug under those tootsies already.
13. allen + roth Yellow Glass Vase ($20): Vases are one of the easiest ways to add a pop of color or a point of interest to any room… including your bathroom.
16. Black Picture Frame ($25): A gallery wall in your bathroom? Yes you can. (And yes, you should.)
17. Ceramic Square Plate Set ($77): Jewelry, nail polishes, hair ties — you’ve got plenty of things that need containing. These colorful little guys are here to help.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.