10 Beauty Products That Tackle Problem Skin With Fewer Than 10 Ingredients
You read the list of ingredients in your food so you know what’s going into your body, but you also want to know the contents of the products you put on our skin. The fillers and harmful chemicals listed on the backs of your favorite beauty treatments can cause a major bout of anxiety and confusion, not to mention wreak havoc on your complexion. That’s why, when problem skin starts to freak out a bit, it might be best to opt for something simple — say, a skincare product with under 10 natural beauty ingredients. That way, you can know exactly what it is you’re putting on your mug and, if you do start breaking out, you can count down the possible culprits on two hands. So scroll on for 10 of the best products for glowing, clear skin — all with 10 ingredients or fewer.
1. Indie Lee Calendula Eye Balm ($42): The under-eye is super delicate, so it’s important to treat it with extra special care. This eye balm works to hydrate and soften the skin around your peepers, helping tame those dark circles with only seven natural ingredients.
2. Meow Meow Tweet Makeup Remover & Cleansing Oil ($25): When you need to remove a face full of makeup, reach for a natural cleansing oil. Just rub a bit of this coconut and jojoba oil blend on a made-up face and wipe off with a clean damp towel to remove all the remnants of your busy day. It’s certified organic and great for blemish-prone skin, so you can rest easy knowing it’ll be gentle.
5. Pai Skincare Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil ($40): For a face in need of some balance, this blend of regenerating oils is just what the doctor ordered. The main ingredient here is a rosehip oil, which increases cell turnover as you sleep, helping to eliminate active blemishes as well as getting rid of acne scars once and for all.
6. Osmia Organics Spot Treatment ($22): Waking up in the morning to find a newly sprouted blemish is a total bummer. Instead of trying to pop a zit, which could make it worse, try this healing serum. You can apply up to five times daily to treat the problem and stop acne in its tracks. Plus, we can pronounce ALL the ingredients ;)
8. Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil ($36/30mL): Taking the cake with only one ingredient, this pure dose of argan oil is your beauty savior in a bottle. The lightweight, hydrating oil can be used on your face, hair and décolleté, and the oil absorbs quickly into your skin, so you can soak up all the benefits without any greasy residue.
9. White & Elm Charcoal & Clay Deep Pore Mask ($18): If you’re in need of a detox, this face mask is just the ticket. Featuring powerful, natural ingredients like charcoal and clay, this mask gets deep in your pores to bust blackheads and torpedo toxins.
10. S.W. Basics Cleanser ($22): While there are only three (!!) components to this cleanser, one in particular really stands out — tea tree oil. This superstar ingredient is antibacterial, eliminating a major cause of acne.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)