14 BeautyCon Celebs Told Us Their Fave Beauty Hacks
If you’re a beauty babe like I am, you’ve probably heard of BeautyCon, one of the biggest meet-and-greets for makeup mavens from all over the world. Last year we uncovered beauty influencers’ fave drugstore buys. This year, we were all about getting influencers to spill their best, most bizarre beauty hacks for the #lazygirl in all of us. Here are 14 beauty hacks from stars we caught up with on the red — scratch that — PINK carpet this year.
1. Kelly Rowland, Singer: “Steaming! There’s something about getting in the steamer and getting those toxins out. When I come out, I have this little mist on my body. I feel and look my best when I steam.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
2. Karrueche Tran, Actress + Model: “Use makeup wipes to wash your face at night when you feel lazy. I use Burt’s Bees Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Towelettes ($6), and I love those.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
3. Becca Tilley, The Bachelor: “My best beauty hack is to get back to basics and use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser ($14) to wash off your makeup at night.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
4. Kara Royster, Pretty Little Liars: “My biggest beauty hack is doing my brows with e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit ($3). I’ve been getting crazy. I get a little heavy handed, but we’re getting there. My favorite eyebrow product is e.l.f. Powders. I DIY a lot of my masks. My mom will find me with oatmeal and bananas all over my face.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
5. Skyler Samuels, Scream Queens: “I’ve been using Scotch tape recently to line my cat eye perfectly. I know they sell those stencils at the store, but I’m not going to spend $15 for a piece of plastic. You have to use what you have. This hack has saved me so much time. Evening out your eyeliner can take all day.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
6. Ysa Penarejo, Project MC^2: “I use dry shampoo at night! I did it last night. My favorite is from the drugstore actually, Aussie Total Miracle 7N1 Dry Shampoo ($3).” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
7. Sophie Reynolds, Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything: “My favorite beauty hack is actually a product that’s magic for my skin: the Proactiv+ Mark Correcting Pads ($40). I absolutely love them. Just one swipe of those and I feel like my skin glows.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
8. Sage Tullis, Okaysage YouTube Personality: “Put eggs on your face! Take eggs and split them apart. The yolk has fatty acids, which are really moisturizing, and the egg white is good for detoxifying the skin.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
9. Sammi Sanchez, Recording Artist: “I use a brownish lip liner before I put on my lipstick to make it last. I put it all over my lips. I love how creamy the liner is. Then I put lipstick over it. Today, I’m wearing Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick ($20) in Lolita. It stays all day with this hack!” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
10. Canela Trigueros, xBeautyByCanelax YouTube Personality: “I do my makeup in the weirdest order. I do eyebrows, eyeshadow, base and contour — but not highlight. Then I go back and do my eyeliner and finish with highlight. It’s so weird! With eye makeup fallout, I like doing my face makeup after my eye makeup.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
11. Marissa Rachel, MissMarissaRachel YouTube Personality: “I really love lemon juice in the hair as a highlighter. Old school! You need to use a lot of conditioner because it dries out your hair, but I do it all the time when I want to lighten it up.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon + Getty)
12. Nic Chapman, PixiWoo YouTube Personality: “I use two mascaras, always. First, I go in with a mascara that’s not waterproof. I love Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils ($32). Then, I follow up with a waterproof mascara on top — I use MAC Extended Play Lash ($17). It’s also great for the bottom lashes. I hate wearing just waterproof mascara because when I take it off, I lose lashes. If you have a normal formula underneath the waterproof, it comes off easily.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
13. Sam Chapman, PixiWoo YouTube Personality: “One of my favorite beauty hacks is to use bar soap on my eyebrows as a brow gel. It has to be a wax bar soap. Using a glycerin bar soap for the brows is actually an old Hollywood trick. Sophia Loren still does it. You use a spooli brush and mix a little bit of water into the bar and then brush it onto your brows. Then fill it in with a brow pomade. I have no eyebrows because I plucked them off in the ’90s, so I love this hack. It creates width in your brows, and you get much bigger, natural-looking brows.” (Photo via Getty Images for BeautyCon)
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.