Bella Hadid Is Taking Over for Blake Lively As This Year’s Queen of Cannes Style
Cannes Film Festival is in full swing, and while we’re certainly missing Blake Lively’s Disney-ready ensembles, there are plenty of major fashion moments to behold: See Rihanna’s old Hollywood glam makeover and Natalie Portman’s post-baby return, for instance.
Of all the ladies slaying on the red carpet, however, one style star in particular seems to be rising above the rest: Bella Hadid. Not only did Gigi’s supermodel sis bring a rather unexpected date in father Mohamed Hadid to her first festival screening, but girl is having a major *moment* on the sartorial world stage. Check out her best looks of the fest below.
1. Fest Day One: Hadid came to win right out of the gate, showing up to the festival in a chic silk two-piece bralette and skirt set, a long duster shirt, a Croc Dior bag, and a pair of nude pumps. Slay, girl. Slay! (Photo via Rubino Salvatore/Getty)
2. Ismael’s Ghosts (Les Fantomes d’Ismael) Screening: For her first night on the red carpet, the 20-year-old stunned in an Alexander Vautheir silk blush-of-the-moment gown with a thigh-high slit and a blue Bulgari necklace that could have been the Heart of the Ocean. (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
3. Okja Screening: Hadid hit the screening of Lily Collins’ new film in a showstopping red quilted Dior gown that featured an open back with two delicate crisscrossed straps. Bulgari was once again behind the gorgeous snake neck bling wrapped around her neck, with a classic cat-eye and a matching bold red lippie to round out the look. (Photo via Andreas Rentz/Getty)
4. Chopard Space Party: Post red-carpet, Hadid channeled her gal pal Kendall Jenner’s 21st birthday Labourjoisie dress in a fancier, custom Roberto Cavalli version as she partied with the model at jeweler Chopard’s space party after hours. “She’s finally here!” Hadid wrote on the snap she shared of the two on her page. (PS — Can we talk about those lace-up sandals!? FIRE!) (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
5. Out and About in Lace: Gigi’s little sis kept it casual as she headed out for a day on a yacht in a pair of sneakers and a lace cover-up she rocked over a matching lace bikini with high-cut bottoms. Looking good, girl! (Photo via Pierre Suu/Getty)
Which of Bella’s looks do you like best? Tell us over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Andreas Rentz/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)