The Best Smartphones of 2015 Are…
The day Droid devotees (and on-the-fence iOSers) have been waiting for since the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S6way back in March has finally arrived — the S6 is here. Whether you’re a fan of the Galaxy lineup, an iPhone user 4 lyfe, one of the Windows Phone few or, you know, holding out for that Amazon/Google phone, the S6’s release is the biggest tech deal. Well, until the Apple Watch on the 24th at least ;)
With so much endless techtivity happening, our friends at Yahoo! revealed some interesting search results. According to them, the number of people seeking info on the Galaxy S6 has spiked 268% due to today’s launch, which marks the first time a phone other than the iPhone 6 has topped the search charts since the iOS device was announced. Take a look at the rest of the most searched for smartphones of this year below with some standout specs for each — for those of you haplessly Googling/Yahooing “best smartphones of 2015?!”
1. Samsung Galaxy S6: The latest addition to the Galaxy family — out today! — comes packed with bells and whistles. First things first, this device (well, the Galaxy S6 Edge) comes with the world’s first dual edge display. If that doesn’t immediately sell you, then maybe the huge 5.1″ HD screen, 16-megapixel rear camera + 5-megapixel front camera and a lightning-fast 64-bit processor will. Oh, and if that still isn’t enough, this phone also can charge wirelessly and fast — 10 minutes gets you 4 hours of use. Is it really time to say farewell to the iPhone?!
2. iPhone 6: This large but thin Apple phone comes packed with a 4.7″ Retina HD display, a 64-bit processor, an 8-megapixel camera — Galaxy, you win on that one — and a fingerprint scanner. Plus so much more (hey, Apple Pay). We’d be lying if we said we didn’t have a crush on our iPhone.
3. iPhone 6 Plus: Pretty much identical to the iPhone 6, this bigger version has a ginormous 5.5″ Retina HD screen. The huge display is everything and more, but still may lack some of the perks of other devices. One thing we are confident it holds over its competitors is endless emoji ;)
4. HTC One M9: A 5″ HD display with a 20-megapixel — WHAT?! — camera and more than 20 GB of storage? This one sounds too good to be true, but this post with side-by-side comparison shots show the true difference the M9’s camera can make.
5. LG G3: If you’re looking for a phone with some curve and a ton of power, this is the one for you. Packed with a 13-megapixel rear and 2.1-megapixel front camera, 24 GB of storage — with the option to add a microSD of up to 2 terabytes — and a 5.5″ HD screen, this phone is making it hard for us to say no.
6. Sony Xperia: This waterproof and dust-tight device has a 20.7-megapixel autofocus rear camera and a 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera. Also, the 5.2″ HD phone can be connected to your PS4 to allow for remote play. Gamers, this one’s for you.
7. Droid Turbo: With the largest battery of any smartphone, this one can last up to 48 hours and can get a recharge of 8 hours in just 15 minutes, wirelessly or not. If that’s not enough (is it ever?), the phone also comes in a 32 GB + 64 GB option with a 21-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front cam, all packed into a 5.2″ display.
So many different specs, so many options. We shouldn’t have to just pick one.
What smartphone do you use? Let us know in the comments.