14 Space-Saving Storage Solutions for Your Bike
Whether you’re a daily bike commuter, Sunday rider or an extreme cyclist, your bike deserves a proper spot in your home. You polish it, you grease its chain and, in return, it has faithfully gotten you from point A to point B, all while making your buns look great! You love that two-wheeler, so why not make a place for it? Don’t feel daunted by your spacial restrictions, studio dwellers. With these storage designs, shoving your bike in a corner will be a thing of the past.
1. Wooden Bike Rack ($91): These nifty little wooden posts are so easy to install they’ll make you wonder why you didn’t think of it first. You can get them in natural or neon to blend in or stand out.
3. Michelangelo Two-Bike Gravity Stand ($75): If you live with a fellow bike lover, this stand is a great space saver for the both of you. And doesn’t it just look so snazzy?
4. Vertical Bike Rack: Here’s a DIY alternative to the two-bike vertical stand, and believe it or not, this is an IKEA hack! It’s only $40 to pull off and should only take you around 30 minutes to make. (via Apartment Therapy)
5. The Bike Shelf ($299): Who knew your bike could fit on a shelf? Pick your favorite books, plants or knickknacks and showcase them next to your favorite ride.
7. Bicycle Hoist ($35): If you can spare the ceiling space, this aerial solution could be the perfect thing for your bike. Just hook it and pull!
8. Hood Storage ($308): Your bike is a work of art, so it’s only right to store it as part of a sculpture.
9. Cycloc Solo ($102): This adorable wall mount is a fun, convenient way to just pop your bike in and out when you’re on the go.
10. Shoes Books and Bike ($880): Your entryway just got upgraded. With shoes below and bike above, you have all your riding necessities right by the front door.
11. Bike Rack With Basket ($39): This storage solution can go outdoors or indoors. It’s an easy way to prop up your wheels, and stash your bike gear ’til the next ride.
12. Gladiator Bike Hook ($21): Got a garage? A ceiling hook is an easy solution to getting your bike off the ground.
13. Statement Bike Rack ($250): This is the fanciest coat hook you’ve ever seen, except it’s for your bike. With or without your bicycle in tow, this rack design is absolutely elegant.
14. ThinBike ($1,800): We’re about to blow your mind. What if space-saving bike storage has nothing to do with your space and everything to do with your bike? The ThinBike will set your bank account back a bit, but creator Graham Hill has suggestions for making thinning modifications to your current set of wheels.
Got any clever ideas for storing your bike? Let us know in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)