Morning Buzz! Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum Are Making the PERFECT New TV Show + More
1. Channing Tatum and wife Jenna Dewan Tatum are teaming up to produce a new dance competition show. That’s right, the pair, who have already proved to be 1.) total relationship and family goals, 2.) killer Lip Sync Battle co-competitors and 3.) incredible dancers are the perfect storm for the as yet untitled “fresh take on the dance competition genre” show for NBC. Jenna will be a judge and mentor, and Channing, while not yet confirmed to actually appear, will executive produce the show through his company Free Association. Even though there’s no date set for the show to start, we totally already have this in our calendar. What? It’s Magic. (Mike.) (h/t EW, photo via @jennaldewan)
2. Is Justin Bieber a secret introvert? The reinvented pop star announced on Instagram that he has canceled all future meet-and-greets because of how draining they are. “I enjoy meeting such incredible people but I end up feeling so drained and filled with so much of other people’s spiritual energy that I end up so drained and unhappy,” he said in the caption. “I feel I would rather give you guys the show and my albums as promised. Can’t tell you how sorry I am, and wish it wasn’t so hard on me. And I want to stay in the healthy mindset I’m in to give you the best show you have ever seen.” Look man, we love being social, but we also love coming home and flopping on the couch more, so we are in the exact same situation and totally get it. The meet-and-greets with fans run $2,000, but any previously purchased tickets will be refunded. (via @justinbieber)
3. STOP EVERYTHING. WE HAVE BEEN SINGING “MMMBOP” WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME. First of all, how has it been 20 years since the three-headed blonded pop dream band Hanson arrived with “MMMBop”? That must be a counting mistake. And second of all, how have we been singing the song with the catchiest, simplest chorus ever wrong? In a new interview with Vulture, when asked what the best cover they’ve ever heard of the song is, the three Hanson brothers reveal they haven’t really heard one. “You know why? People can’t sing the chorus right,” guitarist and singer Isaac says. “Most of the time they syncopate it wrong.” Okay, well, we don’t even know what that means, guys, so we’ll just go ahead and keep this one in our karaoke back pocket. (h/t Vulture)
4. Chloë Grace Moretz says she turned down an invitation to join Taylor Swift’s squad. Look, we didn’t like to see Chloë beefing with Kim K, and we don’t want to see her beef with Taytay, either. In a new Complex cover story, Chloë comes this close to dishing some true feelings on Taylor, but stops just short, instead choosing to attack the notion of the squad. “They appropriate exclusivity. They’re cliques!” she said, reportedly with exasperation. When the follow up was a question on whether she was indeed asked to join the squad, all she said was yes. Then nothing more. So many questions left unanswered! Like, does Taylor send a text invite? Snail mail? Is she still on that Evite tip? Or does she make elaborate Facebook events? We may never know. (h/t Complex, photo via @chloegmoretz)
5. Does your pet goldfish need braces? You’re in luck. First there was the adorable dog who got braces. And now… a goldfish!? This might be the very definition of “I can’t even.” The fish, named Mr. Hot Wing (TOLD YOU WE COULDN’T EVEN), was born without a lower jaw bone, and after struggling to eat and breathe properly now has his own “fish braces” thanks to a Pennsylvania veterinarian. The brace to keep the lil’ guy’s mouth open was made from a plastic credit card. You look better than ever, Mr. Hot Wing. (h/t ABC)
6. Quote of the day: “It’s OK to be a late bloomer as long as you don’t miss the flower show.” — Jane Fonda on her long and personal journey to feminism, via Lenny Letter.
What Buzz-worthy items did we miss today? Let us know on Twitter @BritAndCo!
(Featured image via Angela Weiss/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)