7 Cheap Things You Can Do With Your Coworkers This Summer
Now that the weather is finally getting warmer and Summer is almost here, it’s pretty tough to sit in the office all day, just staring at the sunny world outside, counting down the minutes until you can go join it. To make the waiting game go by just a little quicker, why not plan a fun after-work activity with your coworkers? There are tons of things to do during the warm months (and almost all of them involve drinking, so that’s good). Plus, they won’t make a big dent in your wallet. (If only you could expense that sh*t.)
1. Go on a Picnic. If you feel like your team needs some serious bonding, a potluck is a great way to get everyone to contribute. Whether it’s outside or in your coworker’s awesome backyard, you’ll enjoy the time outside of the office eating, drinking and, naturally, talking about work.
2. Check out anOutdoor Concert. If you live near a park, or any kind of large grassy area, you can pretty much guarantee that there’s going to be some sort of concert in it this summer. If you’re feeling really ambitious and happen to live in New York City (and you want to get up at 6 a.m. on a Friday), you can check out the GMA Summer Concert Series.
3. GoWine Tasting. Whether you live near a winery or just in a city with lots of bars around, wine tastings are a fun, cheap activity that anyone can enjoy. For just a few bucks, you can have a great night out, and make fun of that coworker who talks about legs and residual sugar.
4. Go to a Food Festival. There’s something about the smell of a funnel cake…it’s just the smell of pure joy. But in case you like some fancier food, consider hitting up a food festival for lunch with your coworkers. Again, check out the nearby parks, or even food trucks (they usually stick together).
5. Go to a Workout Class. Boutique fitness classes are popping up all over the place, and even though a standard class can be pretty pricey, almost all of them offer free or cheaper classes when it’s your first time. Gather up your coworkers and relax at yoga or let out your aggression at a kick-boxing class.
6. Go to aSporting Event. There’s nothing like eating a hotdog, beer in hand, watching a baseball game on a summer night. Hit up those $10 tickets and spend a great evening after work with your coworkers. (Or if you happen to live in one of the 18 cities that have a MLS soccer team, those tickets are super cheap, too.)
7. Get a Makeover. Did you know that even if you don’t buy anything, you can still get a free makeover at pretty much any makeup counter at a department store, and even Sephora? Just pretend you really want to try out this foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara or lipstick and you’ll be good to go!
What’s your go-to cheap activity? Share with us in the comments below.
This post was originally posted on Levo League by Eric Murphy
(Photo via SF Street Food Fest)