Travel in Style With These 22 Blogger-Approved Looks
So you wanna be a chic tourist? Don’t we all?! Since packing the entire contents of your wardrobe into one itsy bitsy suitcase isn’t humanly possible (we wish!), you’re going to have to rely on your master coordinating skills to churn out outfits on the daily. Between meandering along cobblestone streets and going for late-night gelato runs, we’ve got you covered with 22 standout blogger inspired looks. Au revoir!
1. Prints: Folks, here’s proof that wearing lots of color pays off. Never have we laid eyes upon a dress this rad. The juxtaposition of bright yellow and cerulean blue, the prim-and-proper collar. Do you see what we’re seeing?! Your trip photos are going to be magazine-worthy. (via Lovely Pepa)
3. World-Class Traveler: If you’re anything like Aimee Song, blogger behind Song of Style, then you never know who might be waiting to snap your #ootd. Cue impeccable leopard print coat, sequin tee and sky-high booties. (via Song of Style)
4. All-Around Fashion Gal: A trusty scarf that can be tied a handful of ways will be your secret to pulling off an outfit that screams, “Oh, this old thing? I just effortlessly threw it on.” (via Gal Meets Glam)
5. Parisian Chic: As it turns out, it’s not so hard to emulate a perfect little French girl after all. Throw on a chunky knit cardigan, stripes and a beret — and before you know it, tourists will be asking you for directions. (via Polienne)
7. Borrowed from the Boys: The thing about being a chic tourist is that anything and everything goes… even a boxy blazer and miniskirt combo being so expertly modeled by The Man Repeller, Leandra Medine, herself. (via Man Repeller)
18. Hello, Gauchos: If you spotted a majestic purple skirt, then boy did we fool you! Those are purple gaucho pants you’re looking at, paired exquisitely, might we add, with a striped tee, two-toned booties and a black hat. (via M Loves M)
19. Sporty: Who says that you can’t be sporty, chic and comfortable when walking miles upon miles? Stripes and sneakers are considered a major DO in our book, especially when paired with a daring red moto jacket. (via Polienne)
20. Back to Basics: It’s hard to hate on leggings with an outfit that looks this cute. Follow in the College Prepster’s footsteps by throwing on a cozy merino sweater (with pockets!) and ballet flats, and don’t hesitate to top it off with a polished bow headband. (via College Prepster)
21. All Aboard!: The fashion gods have spoken: This entire look is utterly ah-mazing. From the charming floral frock to the polka dot tights and vintage flats, we’re speechless. (via Classy Girls Wear Pearls)
22. Ladylike and Classic: Watch out Alexa Chung, fashion blogger Paulien is about to give you a run for your money! Classic Mulberry bag and all, Paulien’s outfit strikes the perfect balance between girly and tomboy. (via Polienne)
Which blogger-inspired look will you be donning the next time you find yourself touring Europe? Leave a comment below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.