Morning Buzz! Chrissy Teigen Already Has the BEST Mom Jokes + More
to everyone asking, john is healing perfectly
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) April 17, 2016
2. Behati Prinsloo rocks maternity jeans like no one’s business. The Victoria’s Secret Angel showed off her growing baby bump on Instagram this weekend, and tbh it kind of makes us want to buy maternity jeans now. “Yup took the plunge,” she captioned the pic. “First pair of maternity jeans and it feels so good.” Okay, that does nothing to sway us. (via @behatiprinsloo)
3. Beyoncé has released an even longer “Lemonade” teaser, but we’re still not sure WTF it all means. Something from Beyoncé is coming to HBO next Saturday, April 23. That much is for sure. when Bey dropped a 20-second sliver of a video on Saturday, the internet lost its mind. Now, the full-length trailer is here, and we still don’t know what will be released next weekend. The mysterious clip opens up with Beyoncé saying, “The past and the present merge to meet us here,” and over a montage of a bunch of dramatic clips, she says other things like “Why can’t you see me?” and “What am I doing, my love?” GOOD QUESTION, BEY. (via @beyonce)
4. David Beckham posted THE most swoon-worthy birthday message to Victoria. Okay, this might even be better than witnessing David making doll clothes for his young daughter. To mark his wife Victoria’s — aka Posh Spice, duh — birthday, he had some beyond sweet words for her. “Have the most amazing day and let us spoil you because you deserve to be spoilt by your husband and our gorgeous children,” he wrote. “In 42 years you have been able to achieve so much and it feels you are only just starting.” PASS THE TISSUE, PLEASE. (via @davidbeckham)
5. Nora the baby polar bear made her debut at the Columbus Zoo and we are DYING OF CUTENESS. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium in Ohio has been documenting this wee cub’s life since her birth, so we can’t help but feel like we know her. This weekend, she made her public debut at the Zoo’s big polar bear habitat and she did NOT disappoint (um, not that animals should have to entertain us, but… you get it!). This video of her splashing around is your perfect Monday antidote.
6. Quote of the day: “These people are heroes and I love them all from the bottom of my heart.” — Tracy Morgan after he put on an emotional private performance for the nurses and doctors that saved his life after his car accident (via People).
What are your Monday motivators today? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured image via @chrissyteigen)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)