9 Holiday-Inspired Peppermint Cocktail Recipes
Once the holiday wave hits, we know there are a million things to think about — Freeform’s annual 25 days of Christmas marathon, ugly Christmas sweaters and the perfectly easy holiday cookie recipe. You’re bound to end up hosting or attending a few holiday parties, which means you might need some cocktail suggestions to go along with all of your candy canes. If peppermint is your thing (and who doesn’t love peppermint around the holidays?), then we have nine boozy recipes you’ll want to try. Bring on the liqueur and candy, because it’s about to get real crazy up in here.
1. Candy Cane Shooters: We can’t think of anything more satisfying during a snowstorm in the middle of winter than a candy cane shooter. This concoction boasts marshmallow fluff, so we call dibs on two. (via A Night Owl Blog)
2. Spiked Peppermint Mochas: Aah, the classic spiked coffee — perfect for dipping your cookies and pastries in. It’s also perfect for impressing your in-laws when they’re in town for Christmas. You’ve got this! (via Glitter Guide)
3. White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Martini & Homemade White Chocolate Liqueur: Martinis have a reputation as the *ultimate* party cocktail, and now they’ve been taken up a notch. The crushed candy cane on the rim is the perfect touch and packs a wallop of delicious minty flavor. (via Will Cook for Friends)
4. Bailey’s Chocolate Mint Milkshake: Ice cream and booze? Sign us up! These would be the perfect treat to whip up at the end of the night, because they can double as a night cap and dessert. (via Lemon Tree Dwelling)
5. Candy Cane Martini Jello Shots: Start a new holiday tradition this year with these peppermint Jell-O shots. After all, they’re perfect for making and taking — as in whipping them up at home and bringing them to a gathering to show off how talented you are. (via I’m Bored, Let’s Go)
6. Peppermint Chocolate Martini: Get ready for a rush of chocolate, because this martini is loaded with chocolate milk and chocolate liqueur. For an extra bit of buzz, you’ll add a shot of peppermint liqueur too. (via Growing Up Gabel)
7. Candy Cane Cranberry Cocktail: Cranberry and peppermint together are like a holiday party for your taste buds. Here, the two quintessential winter flavors wow in one drink, with a bonus touch of bubbles. (via Everyday Occasions)
8. Peppermint Mocha White Russian: This is a creamy one, so make sure your party guests are not lactose intolerant. You can probably make this cocktail without a trip to the grocery store, because it only calls for five super simple ingredients. (via With Salt & Wit)
9. Peppermint White Christmas: The secret ingredient for this bubbly holiday drink is white creme de cocoa. It’s clear but has a beautiful vanilla taste, making it perfect to mix with Champagne — no one will see the surprise flavor coming. (via Freutcake)
Want more Christmas recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!