10 Cozy, Colorful Throws to Update Your Decor for the New Year
While you might have *finally* recovered from your holiday hangover, those chilly temps and couch sessions (read: Netflix binges) aren’t leaving anytime soon. This makes it the perfect time to refresh your living room decor for the new year with a colorful + cozy throw blanket. Easy fixes like changing out the prints on your gallery wall and draping this fun patterned blanket over the side of your couch can make a huge impact, and it’s something you can do in a single afternoon. Here are 10 colorful throws that will make your space feel rejuvenated, cozy and ready to take on 2016 lounging like a boss.
1. Karma Living Colorful Comfort Blanket ($110): Add a punch of color to your room with this lightweight throw. The alternating colors, patterns and fringe detail mean you won’t have to change any of your current decor to match your new blanket. It’ll feel like it was always meant to be there.
2. Happy Habitat Lattice Throw ($160): While this blanket may seem like a bit of a splurge, the bright colors mixed with the basic blocks of black are a statement worth making. And since it’s made with 80% recycled cotton, buying it will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
3. Pendleton Jacquard Blanket ($249): This blanket is so cool (er, warm) that even hipster barbie would go crazy for it. The soft wool fabric and western-inspired pattern will make it the center of attention no matter which room you put it in. Update your bedding or fold it over the back of your sofa for impromptu snuggle sessions.
4. Anthropologie Warm Welcome Throw ($298): Probably more for decorating than actually covering up with, this faux-fur throw is a statement piece you’ll have for years to come. This would be great in the guest room to make your visitors feel like they’re staying at a luxury hotel.
5. Happy Habitat Geometric Throw ($160): Basic geometric shapes and a royal blue color — this hand-drawn design can do no wrong. It’s warm enough to get the job done during winter, but versatile enough to be on full display during warmer months.
6. Anthropologie Knit Confetti Throw ($128): That adorable pom-pom detail is too good to let slip away. The muted colors and soft knit will instantly make this your new favorite blanket.
7. World Market Brown Faux Fur Throw (from $60): Made with faux-fur material and microfiber backing, this throw is the perfect soft blanket for curling up with on a chilly night. Extra credit if there’s a roaring fire involved.
8. Urban Outfitters Thea Chunky Ombre Knit Throw ($119): The chunky knit and neutral colors means this cozy blanket will blend effortlessly with your current decor. You’ll be hoping for a cold front just so you can wrap yourself in this ultra-soft throw.
9. IKEA Ormhassel Throw ($18): Once you get this blanket home and see it thrown over your favorite chair, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. The price is right and the style is timeless — it’s a win-win.
10. Three Posts Bella Throw Blanket ($89): This blanket will not only add a dash of coziness to any space, but will also keep you nice and warm for all your #netflixandchill sessions. Even better, it’s machine washable, so you don’t have to be afraid to use it while munching on the couch.